Film, Video Little mischief /
About this Item
- Little mischief /
- From Edison films catalog: Papa is reading his newspaper and his little girl tickles his neck with a long straw. Thinking it is a fly papa "shoos" away the supposed fly with his hand. The tickling continues now on the ear, and papa waves his newspaper around his head. Not yet content, the little mischief maker continues her fun, and the man loses all patience, and makes such a wild commotion that he loses his balance, and falls over backwards, chair and all. Sure to make fun for the children, both great and small. 45 feet. $6.75.
- Contributor Names
- Blackton, James Stuart, 1875-1941, production, camera.
- Smith, Albert E., production, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- AFI/Holt (H.L.) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., .
- Subject Headings
- - Practical jokes--Drama
- - Fathers and daughters--United States--Drama
- - Girls--United States--Drama
- - Pests--Drama
- Slapstick comedy films
- Fiction films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Camera, J. Stuart Blackton and/or Albert E. Smith.
- - Duration: 0:25 at 27 fps.
- - Filmed ca. September 1898-February 1899, on Vitagraph's roof-top studio in New York City.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, 1997, p. 468-69; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 71-72 [MI].
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 45 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEA 8497 (ref print)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAfi/Holt (H.L.) Collection (Library of Congress)
American Vitagraph Company
Blackton, James Stuart
Smith, Albert E.
Smith, Albert E. (Albert Edward)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
Dates1899 to 1900
Fathers and Daughters
Peep Shows (Motion Pictures)
Slapstick Comedy Films
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Afi/Holt. Little Mischief. [United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1899] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694128. (Accessed February 14, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, I. & Afi/Holt. (1899) Little Mischief. [United States: Edison Manufacturing Co] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694128.
MLA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Afi/Holt. Little Mischief. [United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1899] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00694128>.