Film, Video Champs de Mars Circular panoramic view of the Champs de Mars, no. 2 / Champ de Mars
About this Item
- Champs de Mars
- Circular panoramic view of the Champs de Mars, no. 2
- Champ de Mars
- "Shows all the prominent buildings on this thoroughfare, ending with a close view of the base of the Eiffel Tower, with the Trocadero Palace in the background. 135 feet"--Edison films catalog, no. 105.
- White, James H. (James Henry), production.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1900.
- - Champ-de-Mars (Paris, France)
- - Exposition universelle--(1900 :--Paris, France)
- - Tour Eiffel (Paris, France)
- - Palais du Trocadéro (Paris, France)
- - Exhibitions--France--Paris
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - D16382 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 9Aug1900; D16382.
- - In the title, the word "Champ" is misspelled "Champs" in the Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912, the Edison films catalogs, and all other secondary sources consulted.
- - Duration: 1:19 at 16 fps.
- - Filmed July 1900, at the Paris Exposition in Paris, France.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0926) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, p. 607-608; Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 51; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 18 [MI]; FI catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, p. 167.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (40 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 100 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- viewing print (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 100 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (40 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 100 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 40 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 100 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 100 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 3940 (viewing print)
- FEB 9638 (viewing print)
- FEB 9640 (viewing print, copy 2)
- FRA 1152 (dupe neg pic)
- FPE 5050 (dupe neg pic)
- FRB 1351 (master pos pic)
- Box 0111B (paper pos)
- Box 5207B (paper pos, copy 2)
- Niver (Kemp) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Champs de Mars. produceds by White, James H. Uction United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1900. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694172/.
APA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1900) Champs de Mars. White, J. H. U., prod United States: Edison Manufacturing Co. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694172/.
MLA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Champs de Mars. prod by White, James H. Uction United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1900. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694172/>.