Film, Video Coaches arriving at Mammoth Hot Springs Arrival of Yellowstone Park coaching party
About this Item
- Coaches arriving at Mammoth Hot Springs
- Arrival of Yellowstone Park coaching party
- "The following pictures were taken by our artists at various points on the Northern Pacific Railway...The scene is the broad piazza of the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel, and shows the arrival of tourists. Up dashes a spanking team of six, seemingly as fresh and spirited as when they started. Friends who are waiting on the piazza rush to greet the new arrivals and help them alight. 50 feet"--Edison films catalog, no. 105.
- White, James H. (James Henry), production.
- Blechynden, Frederick, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., c1899.
- - Tourists--Wyoming
- - Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel
- - Yellowstone National Park
- - Horse-drawn vehicles--Wyoming
- Travelogues (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - 2468 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 4Jan1899; 2468.
- - Duration: 0:24 at 30 fps.
- - Filmed around July 19-25, 1897, in Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming.
- - Advertised as part of the Alaska and Yellowstone National Park Series, Northern Pacific Railway Series in the Edison films catalog.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0239) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, p. 317; Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 60; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 12; AFI catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, p. 200.
- - paper pos Received: 1899-01-04; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - 35 mm viewing print renumbered: FEC 2830 to FYA 1146.
- - Paper print roll lacking suffix.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (28 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (28 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 3253 (viewing print)
- FYA 1146 (viewing print)
- FRA 0575 (dupe neg pic)
- FPE 9625 (dupe neg pic)
- FRB 0695 (master pos pic)
- Box 0731 (paper pos)
- Box 5513 (paper pos, copy 2)
- Niver (Kemp) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Blechynden, Frederick
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc
- White, James H. (James Henry)
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Blechynden, Frederick, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Coaches arriving at Mammoth Hot Springs. produceds by White, James H. Uction United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1899. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694178/.
APA citation style:
Blechynden, F., Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1899) Coaches arriving at Mammoth Hot Springs. White, J. H. U., prod United States: Edison Manufacturing Co. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694178/.
MLA citation style:
Blechynden, Frederick, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Coaches arriving at Mammoth Hot Springs. prod by White, James H. Uction United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1899. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694178/>.