Film, Video A day with Thomas A. Edison
About this Item
- A day with Thomas A. Edison
- Documentary recording the 74-year-old Edison's collaborations with his staff, conversations with industrial leaders, and supervision of the factory's production line. The majority of the film chronicles Edison's trip to the incandescent light bulb factory and details its manufacturing process.
- General Electric Company.
- Bray Studios.
- Edison Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- [United States : General Electric Co. presents, 1922]
- - Edison, Thomas A.--(Thomas Alva),--1847-1931
- - Glenmont (West Orange, N.J.)
- - Electric lamp industry--New Jersey--West Orange
- - Offices--New Jersey--West Orange
- - Laboratories--New Jersey--West Orange
- - Piano--Performance--New Jersey--West Orange
- Documentary films
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - MU2171 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: General Electric Co. (H. Schroeder, author); 26Jun22; MU2171.
- - Duration: 23:51 min. at 16 fps.
- - Source used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1912-1939.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- viewing print 2 film reels of 2 (ca. 600 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 9821-9822 (viewing print)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Biography | Articles and Essays | Inventing Entertainment: The Early Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies | Digital Collections
- For Teachers | National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- Finding Local History Connections at the Library of Congress
- New Jersey: Selected Library of Congress Primary Sources
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
General Electric Company, Bray Studios, and Edison Collection. A day with Thomas A. Edison. [United States: General Electric Co. presents, 1922] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694187/.
APA citation style:
General Electric Company, Bray Studios & Edison Collection. (1922) A day with Thomas A. Edison. [United States: General Electric Co. presents] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694187/.
MLA citation style:
General Electric Company, Bray Studios, and Edison Collection. A day with Thomas A. Edison. [United States: General Electric Co. presents, 1922] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694187/>.