Film, Video Dick Croker leaving Tammany Hall
About this Item
- Dick Croker leaving Tammany Hall
- "A very lifelike picture of the famous New York politician and Tammany Hall boss. This picture was taken on Sunday morning as he was leaving the 14th Street Wigwam, accompanied by a number of prominent New York politicians. 50 feet"--Edison films catalog.
- Contributor Names
- Paley, William, production, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1900.
- Subject Headings
- - Croker, Richard,--1843-1922
- - Politicians--New York (State)--New York
- - Tammany Hall (Manhattan, New York, N.Y. : Fourteenth Street)
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - D3543 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 9Feb1900; D3543.
- - Camera, William Paley.
- - Duration: 0:44 at 16 fps.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0978) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Probably filmed November 18, 1899, in New York City, New York.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, p. 565-66; Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 77-78; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 88 [MI].
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (26 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 65 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (26 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 65 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 3992 (viewing print)
- FEB 9404 (viewing print)
- FRA 2872 (dupe neg pic)
- FPE 5413 (dupe neg pic)
- Box 0062D (paper pos)
- Box 5024E (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Paley, William Daly
Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
SubjectsActualities (Motion Pictures)
New York (State)
Tammany Hall (Manhattan, New York, N.Y. : Fourteenth Street)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Dick Croker leaving Tammany Hall. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1900. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694188/. (Accessed February 20, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1900) Dick Croker leaving Tammany Hall. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694188/.
MLA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Dick Croker leaving Tammany Hall. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1900. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00694188/>.