Film, Video Esplanade des Invalides /
About this Item
- Esplanade des Invalides /
- Other Title
- Circular panoramic view of the Esplanade des Invalides
- From Edison films catalog: Beginning with the camera pointing toward the Invalides entrance, with the tomb of Napoleon in the background. The camera is slowly revolved until it rests upon the new and beautiful bridge of Alexander III, showing the immense crowds entering the Exposition. 100 ft. 15.00.
- Contributor Names
- White, James H. (James Henry), production.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1900.
- Subject Headings
- - Streets--France--Paris
- - Bridges--France--Paris
- - Napoleon I,--Emperor of the French,--1769-1821--Tomb
- - Pedestrians--France--Paris
- - Exposition universelle internationale de 1900--(Paris, France)
- - Exhibitions--France--Paris
- - Exhibition buildings--France--Paris
- - City and town life--France--Paris
- Silent films
- Travelogues (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- - D16379 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 9Aug1900; D16379.
- - Duration: 2:01 at 16 fps.
- - MAVIS 1627577; Esplanades des invalides.
- - Filmed July 1900, at the Paris Exposition in Paris, France.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, 1997, p. 608-09; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 17-18 [MI].
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - viewing print; Received: date of acquisition unknown; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - paper pos; Received: date of acquisition unknown; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 100 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos. 1 roll of 1 (ca. 100 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEB 9401 (viewing print)
- LC 1594 (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsPaper Print Collection (library of Congress)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
White, James H. (james Henry)
LocationAlexandre III Bridge
Esplanade Des Invalides
Actualities (motion Pictures)
Alexandre III Bridge (paris, France)
City and Town Life
Emperor of the French
Esplanade Des Invalides (paris, France)
Exposition Universelle Internationale De 1900
Hôtel Des Invalides (france)
Travelogues (motion Pictures)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Esplanade des Invalides. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1900. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694196/. (Accessed September 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1900) Esplanade des Invalides. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694196/.
MLA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Esplanade des Invalides. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1900. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00694196/>.