Film, Video Lower falls, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone Park
About this Item
- Lower falls, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone Park
- Probably part of the "Alaska and Yellowstone National Park Series" in the "Northern Pacific Railway Series" (Edison films catalog): The following pictures were taken by our artists at various points on the Northern Pacific Railway. We are greatly indebted to their officials who afforded us every opportunity in their power to obtain these splendid views. Many of the scenes are incident to the excitement prevailing at the time of the Klondike gold rush. They show the resources of this company for handling large numbers of people, baggage, freight and excursion parties, and give to prospective tourists and merchants an idea of the facilities with which this road handles traffic of all kinds (p. 9).
- Contributor Names
- White, James H. (James Henry), production.
- Blechynden, Frederick, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., c1899.
- Subject Headings
- - Waterfalls--Yellowstone National Park
- - Yellowstone National Park
- - Canyons--Yellowstone National Park
- - Tourism--Yellowstone National Park
- Silent films
- Travelogues (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - 2469 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 4Jan1899; 2469.
- - Duration: 0:26 at 30 fps.
- - MAVIS 47137; Lower Falls, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone Park.
- - Filmed ca. July 19-25, 1897, in Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, 1997, p. 320; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 9 [MI].
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - viewing print; Received: source and date unknown; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - paper pos; Received: date unknown; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos. 1 roll of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEC 2829 (viewing print)
- LC 36 (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Niver (kemp) Collection (library of Congress)
Paper Print Collection (library of Congress)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
White, James H. (james Henry)
LocationLower Falls of the Yellowstone River
Yellowstone National Park
Lower Falls of the Yellowstone River (wyo.)
Travelogues (motion Pictures)
Yellowstone National Park
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Blechynden, Frederick, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Lower falls, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone Park. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1899. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694239/. (Accessed October 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Blechynden, F., Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1899) Lower falls, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone Park. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694239/.
MLA citation style:
Blechynden, Frederick, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Lower falls, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone Park. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1899. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00694239/>.