Film, Video Panorama of Place de l'Opera Circular panoramic view of the Place de l'Opera
About this Item
- Panorama of Place de l'Opera
- Circular panoramic view of the Place de l'Opera
- "The busiest square in all Paris. 75 feet"--Edison films catalog, no. 105.
- White, James H. (James Henry), production.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1900.
- - Place de l'Opéra (Paris, France)
- - City and town life--France--Paris
- Travelogues (Motion pictures)
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - D16389 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 9Aug1900; D16389.
- - Duration: 1:14 at 16 fps.
- - Filmed July 1900, during the Paris Exposition in Paris, France.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0207) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, p. 607; Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 239; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 18 viewed online April 2, 2020 via the New Jersey Digital Highway; AFI catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, p. 783.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - paper pos (copy 1) Received: 1900-08-09; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- - Paper print roll lacking suffix.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (31 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (31 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 3221 (viewing print)
- FEB 9622 (viewing print)
- FRA 0545 (dupe neg pic)
- FPF 8066 (dupe neg pic)
- FRB 1177 (master pos pic)
- FPE 5454 (master pos pic)
- Box 0755 (paper pos)
- Box 5504E (paper pos, copy 2)
- Niver (Kemp) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Panorama of Place de l'Opera. produceds by White, James H. Uction United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1900. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694270/.
APA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1900) Panorama of Place de l'Opera. White, J. H. U., prod United States: Edison Manufacturing Co. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694270/.
MLA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Panorama of Place de l'Opera. prod by White, James H. Uction United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1900. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694270/>.