Film, Video Pillow fight /
About this Item
- Pillow fight /
- From F.M. Prescott catalog: A comic subject, clear, bright and characteristic. Shows four girls in their night dresses, engaged in an animated pillow fight. During the action the pillows become torn, and the feathers fly over their heads and about the room in great numbers, producing with the white dresses and the black background a novel effect. Sharp, full of action, and popular in character. 50 feet only. Price, $15.00.
- From Edison films catalog: Four young ladies, in their nightgowns, are having a romp. One of the pillows gets torn, and the feathers fly all over the room. 45 feet. $6.75.
- Contributor Names
- White, James H. (James Henry), production.
- Heise, William, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- AFI/Holt (H.L.) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1897.
- Subject Headings
- - Girls--United States--Social life and customs--Drama
- - Games for girls--United States--Drama
- - Play--United States--Drama
- - Amusements--United States--Drama
- - Pillows--United States
- - Nightgowns--United States
- - Beds--United States
- - 31242 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 24May1897; 31242.
- - Camera, William Heise.
- - Duration: 0:25 at 30 fps.
- - Filmed ca. May 1897, in Edison's Black Maria studio.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, 1997, p. 305; F.M. Prescott. Latest Edison films for projecting machines, June 1897, p. 2; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 69.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 45 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEA 8492 (ref print)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAfi/Holt (h.l.) Collection (library of Congress)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
White, James H. (james Henry)
Games for Girls
Peep Shows (motion Pictures)
Social Life and Customs
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Heise, William, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Afi/Holt. Pillow Fight. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1897. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694281/. (Accessed July 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Heise, W., Thomas A. Edison, I. & Afi/Holt. (1897) Pillow Fight. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694281/.
MLA citation style:
Heise, William, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Afi/Holt. Pillow Fight. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1897. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00694281/>.