Film, Video R.F.D., 10,000 B.C. RFD, 10,000 B.C. / G.F.D., 10,000 B.C. / On the R.F.D., 10,000 B.C.
About this Item
- R.F.D., 10,000 B.C.
- Other Title
- RFD, 10,000 B.C.
- G.F.D., 10,000 B.C.
- On the R.F.D., 10,000 B.C.
- "An animated mannequin comedy (also known as an O'Brien plastic stop-work comedy) set in prehistoric times. Henry Saurus, the mailman, and Johnny Bearskin, the favored suitor, vie for the affections of Winnie Warclub on Valentine's Day"---The George Kleine Collection catalog.
- Contributor Names
- O'Brien, Willis, 1886-1962, producer.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Forum Films, Inc.
- Kleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- [United States : Forum Films, 1917]
- Subject Headings
- - Prehistoric peoples--Humor
- - Courtship--Humor
- - Valentine's Day--Humor
- Comedy films
- Puppet films
- Stop-motion animation films
- Silent films
- Short films
- - LP10674 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison, Inc.; 26Apr17; LP10674.
- - A Conquest picture.
- - A Mannikin Comedy.
- - According to secondary sources, this film was released by Forum Films in May, 1917 as part of the Edison Conquest program no. 3, under the title, G.F.D., 10,000 years B.C.
- - Duration: approximately 13 min. at 18 fps.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: The George Kleine Collection...catalog, p. 109-110; Moving picture world, v. 32.2, May 26, 1917, p. 1301; Moving picture world, June 17, 1917, p. vii, viewed May 1, 2020 via the Internet Archive; Variety, August 24, 1917, p. 24 and May 18, 1917, p. 23, viewed May 1, 2020 via the Internet Archive.
- - Collection purchased from Kleine estate March 27, 1947. 35 mm. nitrate film destroyed.
- - The George Kleine Collection of early motion pictures in the Library of Congress : a catalog / prepared by Rita Horwitz and Harriet Harrison with the assistance of Wendy White. Library of Congress, 1980.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (339 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (339 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- non-viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (339 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 1782 (viewing print)
- FRA 4364 (dupe neg pic)
- FRA 4365 (non-viewing print)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- Forum Films, Inc
- Kleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress)
- O'Brien, Willis
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, Inc Forum Films, and Kleine. R.F.D., 10,000 B.C. produceds by O'Brien, Willis, Ucer [United States: Forum Films, 1917] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694284/.
APA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, I., Forum Films, I. & Kleine. (1917) R.F.D., 10,000 B.C. O'Brien, W., prod [United States: Forum Films] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694284/.
MLA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, Inc Forum Films, and Kleine. R.F.D., 10,000 B.C. prod by O'Brien, Willis, Ucer [United States: Forum Films, 1917] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694284/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe dinosaur and the missing link, a prehistoric tragedy
Prehistoric tragedy Uses clay animation to tell a story of prehistoric times. Three suitors, named the Duke, Stonejaw Steve, and Theophilus Ivoryhead, compete for the hand of Miss Araminta Rockface. Ivoryhead, an unassuming weakling,...
- Contributor: Thomas A. Edison, Inc - K.E.S.E. (Firm) - O'Brien, Willis - Kleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1917
Film, VideoInterrupted lovers
Interrupted lover | Comedy scene "The watchful father disturbs a dream of bliss, and the bucolic lover is taught a lesson. He made a great hit"--Edison films catalog, no. 105.
- Contributor: Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Heise, William - White, James H. (James Henry)
- Date: 1896
Film, VideoLove in a hammock
Love in a hammok From Edison films catalog: A happy young couple are seated in a hammock under an old oak tree, ardently making love and evidently totally oblivious to all that is taking place about...
- Contributor: Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress) - White, James H. (James Henry)
- Date: 1901
Film, VideoThe messenger boy's mistake "'Cholly' wishes to call on his best girl and send her a large bouquet. To find out if the girl really loves him, he sends a note with the messenger boy requesting...
- Contributor: Anderson, Gilbert M. - Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress) - Porter, Edwin S.
- Date: 1903
Film, VideoThe good sport A domestic comedy about a wealthy young woman whose poor inventor husband becomes rich when he perfects the first elevator that ever stopped even with a floor.
- Contributor: Fair, Florence - Eaton, Jack - Kleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress) - Brown, Arthur William - George Kleine (Firm) - Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Flagg, James Montgomery
- Date: 1918