Film, Video Seminary girls Scene in a seminary
About this Item
- Seminary girls
- Scene in a seminary
- "A number of young ladies, in their night robes, are having a frolic, and are interrupted by a teacher. One girl makes herself very conspicuous by crawling under a bed. 50 foot strip"--Edison films catalog.
- White, James H. (James Henry), production.
- Heise, William, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- AFI/Holt (H.L.) Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1897.
- - Play--Humor
- - Girls--Humor
- - Students--Humor
- - School principals--Humor
- Comedy films
- Peep shows (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Fiction films
- - 24883 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 21Apr1897; 24883.
- - Camera, William Heise.
- - Duration: 0:27 at 30 fps.
- - Filmed ca. mid-March to mid-April 1897, in Edison's Black Maria studio in West Orange, New Jersey.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, p. 289; Maguire & Baucus. Fall catalogue 1897, p. 10; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 69.
- - 35 mm viewing print renumbered: FEA 8708 to FYA 2102.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FYA 2102 (viewing print)
- FPB 9400 (dupe neg pic)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Afi/Holt (H.L.) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Heise, William
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc
- White, James H. (James Henry)
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Heise, William, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Afi/Holt. Seminary Girls. produceds by White, James H. Uction United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1897. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694303/.
APA citation style:
Heise, W., Thomas A. Edison, I. & Afi/Holt. (1897) Seminary Girls. White, J. H. U., prod United States: Edison Manufacturing Co. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694303/.
MLA citation style:
Heise, William, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Afi/Holt. Seminary Girls. prod by White, James H. Uction United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1897. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694303/>.