Film, Video Waterfall in the Catskills
About this Item
- Waterfall in the Catskills
- "Beautiful water effects at Haines' Falls, a most picturesque and charming mountain cataract. The wild and rugged surroundings are very impressive. 50 feet"--Edison films catalog.
- White, James H. (James Henry), production.
- Heise, William, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1897.
- - Haines Falls (N.Y. : Waterfall)
- - Waterfalls--New York (State)
- - Catskill Mountains (N.Y.)
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - 43413 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 31July1897; 43413.
- - Camera, William Heise?
- - Duration: 0:25 at 30 fps.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0050) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Filmed ca. June 1897, at Haines' Falls in the Catskill Mountains, New York.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, p. 307-08; Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 335; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 94 [MI]; Maguire & Baucus. Fall catalogue, 1897, p. 9 [MI].
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (19 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (19 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 3064 (viewing print)
- FEC 2768 (viewing print)
- FRA 0407 (dupe neg pic)
- FPE 9597 (dupe neg pic)
- Box 0457E (paper pos)
- Box 5449F (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Heise, William
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc
- White, James H. (James Henry)
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Heise, William, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Waterfall in the Catskills. produceds by White, James H. Uction United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1897. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694329/.
APA citation style:
Heise, W., Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1897) Waterfall in the Catskills. White, J. H. U., prod United States: Edison Manufacturing Co. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694329/.
MLA citation style:
Heise, William, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Waterfall in the Catskills. prod by White, James H. Uction United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1897. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694329/>.