Film, Video Circular panorama of Electric Tower Circular panorama of the Electric tower / Circular panorama, Electric Tower
Digital viewing copy
About this Item
- Circular panorama of Electric Tower
- Circular panorama of the Electric tower
- Circular panorama, Electric Tower
- "A most interesting picture at the Pan-American Exposition structure was taken from the north side of the Electric Tower. It presented the most perfect and diversified views of the Transportation Building, Mexican Plaza, the Stadium and the north side of the Electric Tower"--Edison films catalog, no. 135.
- Porter, Edwin S., camera.
- White, James H. (James Henry), camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 1901.
- - Electric Tower (Pan-American Exposition, 1901, Buffalo, N.Y.)
- - Pan-American Exposition--(1901 :--Buffalo, N.Y.)
- - Exhibition buildings--New York (State)--Buffalo
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Silent films
- Nonfiction films
- - H7633 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 14Aug1901; H7633.
- - Camera: Edwin S. Porter, James H. White.
- - Duration: 1:26 at 15 fps.
- - Filmed on May 20, 1901 at the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, New York.
- - The Library of Congress copy of this film may not contain all of the scenes described in the Edison films catalog summary.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 1533) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p.57 ; AFI catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, p. 189; Edison films catalog, no. 135, September, 1902, p. 21-22; Edison films catalog, no. 288, July, 1906, p. 111; New York clipper, June 8, 1901, p. 336, viewed online June 21, 2019 via Illinois Digital Newspaper Collection.
- - paper pos Received: 1901-08-14; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - Paper print roll lacking suffix.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (54 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 100 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (54 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 100 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 55 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 100 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 100 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 4547 (viewing print)
- FEB 9681 (viewing print)
- FRA 1581 (dupe neg pic)
- FPE 5202 (dupe neg pic)
- FPE 5203 (master pos pic)
- Box 0548 (paper pos)
- Box 5097A (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Last Days of a President: Films of McKinley and the Pan-American Exposition, 1901 (36)
- America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894 to 1915 (158)
- Inventing Entertainment: The Early Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies (432)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (1,017)
- Library of Congress Online Catalog (1,495,887)
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Porter, Edwin S.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc
- White, James H. (James Henry)
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright in the motion pictures in these collections. As is indicated in the cataloging, most of the titles were registered for copyright prior to 1916. (No registration information exists for some titles.) The Library notes that the reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in some foreign countries.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses. Users should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Porter, Edwin S., Camera, James H White, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Circular panorama of Electric Tower. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1901. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694345/.
APA citation style:
Porter, E. S., White, J. H., Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1901) Circular panorama of Electric Tower. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694345/.
MLA citation style:
Porter, Edwin S., Camera, et al. Circular panorama of Electric Tower. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1901. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694345/>.