Film, Video Bargain day, 14th Street, New York /
About this Item
- Bargain day, 14th Street, New York /
- Other Title
- Bargain day, Fourteenth Street, New York
- The film shows hundreds of tightly packed people crowding into the front door of the Rothschild Co. 5 and 10 cent store. They are so closely packed it is difficult to tell one from another. The view is from across the street, looking down from the 2nd floor.
- Contributor Names
- Armitage, F. S., camera.
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1905.
- Subject Headings
- - Shopping--New York (State)--New York
- - Department stores--New York (State)--New York
- - Fourteenth Street (Manhattan, New York, N.Y.)
- - Crowds--New York (State)--New York
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H59778 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 20Apr1905; H59778.
- - Camera, Frederick S. Armitage.
- - Duration: 1:22 at 15 fps.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 1480) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Photographed April 1, 1905. Location: 14th Street, New York, N.Y.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Source used: Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 24.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - 35 mm. dupe neg pic renumbered: FPE 5571 to FZA 2315.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (35 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 85 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- viewing print (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 85 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (35 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 85 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 85 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 85 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 4494 (viewing print)
- FEB 9832 (viewing print)
- FEB 9766 (viewing print, copy 2)
- FRA 0185 (dupe neg pic)
- FZA 2315 (dupe neg pic)
- Box 0013C (paper pos)
- Box 5030A (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAmerican Mutoscope and Biograph Company
Armitage, F. S.
Paper Print Collection (library of Congress)
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Fourteenth Street (manhattan, New York, N.Y.)
New York (state)
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright in the motion pictures in these collections. As is indicated in the cataloging, most of the titles were registered for copyright prior to 1916. (No registration information exists for some titles.) The Library notes that the reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in some foreign countries.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses. Users should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.More information about American Memory and Copyright.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Armitage, F. S., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Bargain day, 14th Street, New York. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1905. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694373/. (Accessed August 24, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Armitage, F. S., American Mutoscope And Biograph Company & Paper Print Collection. (1905) Bargain day, 14th Street, New York. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694373/.
MLA citation style:
Armitage, F. S., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Bargain day, 14th Street, New York. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1905. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00694373/>.