Film, Video Buffalo Bill's Wild West parade Parade of Buffalo Bill's Wild West
About this Item
- Buffalo Bill's Wild West parade
- Parade of Buffalo Bill's Wild West
- The film shows a parade down Fifth Avenue, New York. In the foreground many children, both black and white, can be seen following alongside the parade. The participants in the parade include cowboys, Indians, and soldiers in the uniform of the United States Cavalry on horseback and riding horse-drawn coaches. Buffalo Bill can be seen on horseback, lifting his hat to the crowd.
- Armitage, F. S., camera.
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1902.
- - Buffalo Bill,--1846-1917
- - Buffalo Bill's Wild West Company
- - Cowboys--New York (State)--New York
- - Indians of North America--New York (State)--New York
- Filmed parades
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H19660 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 2July1902; H19660.
- - Camera, Frederick S. Armitage.
- - Duration: 1:52 at 10 fps.
- - Photographed April 1, 1901. Location: Fifth Avenue, New York, N.Y.
- - Biograph production no. 1815.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 1506) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 39; Biorgraph bulletins, 1896-1908, p. 73, p. 244.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - 35 mm dupe neg pic renumbered: FPE 5078 to FZA 2331.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (41 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (41 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (41 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 4520 (viewing print)
- FEB 9800 (viewing print)
- FRA 0328 (dupe neg pic)
- FRA 1565 (dupe neg pic, copy 2)
- FZA 2331 (dupe neg pic)
- Box 0290A (paper pos)
- Box 5076B (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company
- Armitage, F. S.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Armitage, F. S., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Buffalo Bill's Wild West parade. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1902. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694397/.
APA citation style:
Armitage, F. S., American Mutoscope And Biograph Company & Paper Print Collection. (1902) Buffalo Bill's Wild West parade. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694397/.
MLA citation style:
Armitage, F. S., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Buffalo Bill's Wild West parade. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1902. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694397/>.