Book/Printed Material The round trip from the Hub to the Golden Gate,
About this Item
- The round trip from the Hub to the Golden Gate,
- Susie Champney Clark was a Boston matron who visited California as a member of an organized rail tour forty years after the Gold Rush. The round trip from the Hub to the Golden gate (1890) describes that rail trip, with special attention to stops at Chicago, Pasadena, Santa Barbara, Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, Oakland, Sonoma County, the Lick Observatory, Santa Cruz, Monterey, Yosemite, and Salt Lake City.
- Clark, Susie C. (Susie Champney), 1856-
Created / Published
- Boston, Lee and Shepard, Publishers; New York, Charles T. Dillingham, 1890.
- - United States--Description and travel
- - California--Description and travel
- - Women--California
- - Also available in digital form.
- 193 p. 19 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- E168 .C59
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
"California as I Saw It:" First-Person Narratives of California's Early Years, 1849-1900.
General Notice and Restriction Statement: The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in this collection, some content may be protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.), and/or the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, [appropriate source division as described in the bibliographic record]. For example: Library of Congress, General Collections; or, Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Clark, Susie C. The round trip from the Hub to the Golden Gate. Boston, Lee and Shepard, Publishers; New York, Charles T. Dillingham, 1890. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/02001404/.
APA citation style:
Clark, S. C. (1890) The round trip from the Hub to the Golden Gate. Boston, Lee and Shepard, Publishers; New York, Charles T. Dillingham. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/02001404/.
MLA citation style:
Clark, Susie C. The round trip from the Hub to the Golden Gate. Boston, Lee and Shepard, Publishers; New York, Charles T. Dillingham, 1890. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/02001404/>.