Book/Printed Material A chronological history of the civil war in America.
About this Item
- A chronological history of the civil war in America.
- Contributor Names
- Fisher, Richard Swainson.
- Created / Published
- New York, Johnson and Ward, 1863.
- Map contents: Johnson's new military map of the United States showing the forts, military posts &c. with enlarged plans of southern harbors from authentic data obtained at the War Department, Washington. [New York] Johnson and Ward, c1861. Scale ca. 1:10,500,000. 42 x 56 cm. (between p. iv and 5)  J. H. Colton's map of Virginia, Maryland, & Delaware. Scale ca. 1:3,120,000. 20 x 26 cm. (between p. 16 and 17)  J. H. Colton's map of North & South Carolina. Scale ca. 1:3,120,000. 20 x 27 cm. (between p. 32 and 33)  J. H. Colton's map of Georgia, Alabama and Florida. Scale ca. 1:3,120,000. 20 x 27 cm. (between p. 48 and 49)  J. H. Colton's map of Mississippi and Louisiana. Scale ca. 1:3,120,000. 26 x 20 cm. (between p. 64 and 65)  J. H. Colton's map of Texas. Scale ca. 1:7,800,000. 20 x 26 cm. (between p. 80 and 81)  J. H. Colton's map of Arkansas and Indian Territory. Scale ca. 1:3,120,000. 20 x 26 cm. (between p. 96 and 97)  J. H. Colton's map of Kentucky and Tennessee. Scale ca. 1:3,120,000. 20 x 26 cm. (between p. 112 and 113)  J. H. Colton's map of Missouri and Kansas. Scale ca. 1:3,120,000. 20 x 26 cm. (between p. 128 and 129)  Johnson's map of the vicinity of Richmond, and Peninsular campaign in Virginia. Showing also the interesting localities along the James, Chickahominy and York Rivers. Compiled from the offical maps of the War Department. By Johnson and Ward. Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1862 by J. Knowles Hare. Scale ca. 1:190,000. 44 x 67 cm. (between p. 148 and 149)
- Subject Headings
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - United States
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 37.8
- - Phillips, 1350
- - A digital reproduction made from a copy held by the University of Michigan is available from the University of Michigan's Making of America Web site.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: maps  and  lacking.
- - LC cover title: Chronological history of the Civil War in America and hand atlas of the slave states. (Cover title is now missing from the Library of Congress copy.)
- iv, -160 p. maps (part fold.) 22 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- E468.3 .F53
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fisher, Richard Swainson. A chronological history of the civil war in America. New York, Johnson and Ward, 1863. Online Text. https://www.loc.gov/item/02008002/.
APA citation style:
Fisher, R. S. (1863) A chronological history of the civil war in America. New York, Johnson and Ward. [Online Text] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/02008002/.
MLA citation style:
Fisher, Richard Swainson. A chronological history of the civil war in America. New York, Johnson and Ward, 1863. Online Text. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/02008002/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialAmerican campaigns, On verso of t.-p.: War Department. Document no. 324. Office of the Chief of Staff. "These volumes represent a part of my three years' work as lecturer in military history at the...
- Contributor: Steele, Matthew Forney
- Date: 1909
Book/Printed MaterialThe War of the Rebellion: a compilation of the official records of the Union and Confederate ...
Official records of the Union and Confederate armies Found also in the House Miscellaneous documents of the 52d to the 56th Congress. Each number has special index. Inserted in each volume: Additions and corrections ... Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1902....
- Contributor: United States. War Department - Kirkley, Joseph W. (Joseph William) - Ainsworth, Fred C. (Fred Crayton) - Lazelle, H. M. (Henry Martyn) - Perry, Leslie J. - Davis, George B. (George Breckenridge) - United States. War Records Office - United States. Record and Pension Office - Scott, Robert N. (Robert Nicholson) - United States. Congress. House - Moodey, John S. (John Sheldon) - Cowles, Calvin D. (Calvin Duvall)
- Date: 1880
Book/Printed MaterialHistorical memoir of the war in West Florida and Louisiana in 1814-15 : with an atlas Shaw & Shoemaker 38034, 38035 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Kislak accession no.: 1995.040.00.0003 gsl card not found 2006-09-28 vj05 LAC tnb 2020-09-24 no...
- Contributor: Jay I. Kislak Collection (Library of Congress) - Latour, Arsène Lacarrière
- Date: 1816
Book/Printed MaterialAmerican state papers : documents, legislative and executive, of the Congress of the United States Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Toner shelflist card lists J33 Extra Set in the Toner Collection. LAC ecr 2020-10-05 LAC ecr 2020-10-05 no edits...
- Date: 1832
Book/Printed MaterialA new and complete statistical gazetteer of the United States of America, Copyrighted 1852. Also available in digital form.
- Contributor: Fisher, Richard Swainson
- Date: 1855