Book/Printed Material Along the bowstring, or south shore of Lake Superior. Along the bowstring / South shore of Lake Superior / Lake Superior along the south shore
About this Item
- Along the bowstring, or south shore of Lake Superior.
- Along the bowstring
- South shore of Lake Superior
- Lake Superior along the south shore
- This amply-illustrated promotional guidebook, issued by the General Passenger Department of the Duluth South Shore & Atlantic Railway, describes in great detail the sights and recreational opportunities afforded visitors along Lake Superior's South Shore. The author follows the route from Sault Ste. Marie west to Duluth, including Marquette, Presque Isle and Macinac as well as other major stopover points, providing much local and geological history along the way. In words and pictures, the book depicts picturesque landmarks and scenic landscapes, mining, manufacturing, logging operations, fishing, hunting, and other wilderness activities, with some attention to the region's Indian groups.
- Ralph, Julian, 1853-1903.
- Duluth, South Shore, and Atlantic Railroad Company.
- Wadsworth, M. Edward (Marshman Edward), 1847-1921.
Created / Published
- [New York, Press of the American Bank Note Co., 1891]
- - Superior, Lake
- - Upper Peninsula (Mich.)--Description and travel
- - Geology--Michigan
- - Title vignette.
- - "A sketch of the geology of the Marquette and Keweenawan Districts. By Dr. M.E. Wadsworth ... 2d ed.": p. -99.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 99 p. front. (fold. map) illus. 23 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- F572.S9 R18
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
- Duluth, South Shore, and Atlantic Railroad Company
- Ralph, Julian
- Wadsworth, M. Edward (Marshman Edward)
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Pioneering the Upper Midwest: Books from Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, ca. 1820-1910 materials. The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, General Collections and Rare Book and Special Collections Division.
Further copyright information is also available at American Memory and Copyright.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ralph, Julian, South Shore Duluth, and M. Edward Wadsworth. Along the bowstring, or south shore of Lake Superior. [New York, Press of the American Bank Note Co, 1891] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/03006059/.
APA citation style:
Ralph, J., Duluth, S. S. & Wadsworth, M. E. (1891) Along the bowstring, or south shore of Lake Superior. [New York, Press of the American Bank Note Co] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/03006059/.
MLA citation style:
Ralph, Julian, South Shore Duluth, and M. Edward Wadsworth. Along the bowstring, or south shore of Lake Superior. [New York, Press of the American Bank Note Co, 1891] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/03006059/>.