Book/Printed Material The wonderful Wizard of Oz
About this Item
- The wonderful Wizard of Oz
- Contributor Names
- Baum, L. Frank (Lyman Frank), 1856-1919.
- Denslow, W. W. (William Wallace), 1856-1915, ill.
- Created / Published
- Chicago ; New York : G.M. Hill Co., 1900, c1899.
- Subject Headings
- - Adventure and adventurers--Juvenile fiction
- - Wizards--Juvenile fiction
- Juvenile literature--1900
- - First edition, second state. Cf. Schiller.
- - Illustrated title-page in color, illustrated end-papers.
- - "The engravings were made by the Illinois Engraving Company, the paper was supplied by the Dwight Brothers Paper Company, and Messrs. A. R. Barnes & Company printed the book for the publishers..."--Lower paste-down.
- - Introduction dated April 1900.
- - Schiller, J.G. Baum, 43 (LC copy 1)
- - Schiller, J.G. Baum, 42 (LC copy 2)
- - Blanck, J. Peter Parley to Penrod, p. 111-113
- - LC copy 1 imperfect: title page and introduction wanting.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Shelved by call no. in RB Coll.
- - LAC ael 2020-09-03 no edits (1 card)
- 259,  p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 23 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- PZ8.B327 Wo
- PZ8.B327 Wo Copy 2 First edition, 1st state. Cf. Schiller. In original publisher's binding: Green cloth over boards, with an illustration of the Cowardly Lion stamped in green and red. Given in memory of Margit H. Meyer by her father, Dr. E.R. Meyer.
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- OCLC Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Library of Congress Children's Book Selections are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
- Credit Line - For books from the General Collections: Library of Congress
- Credit Line - For books from The Rare Book and Special Collections Division: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Baum, L. Frank, and W. W Denslow. The wonderful Wizard of Oz. Chicago ; New York: G.M. Hill Co., 1900, 1900. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/03032405/.
APA citation style:
Baum, L. F. & Denslow, W. W. (1900) The wonderful Wizard of Oz. Chicago ; New York: G.M. Hill Co., 1900. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/03032405/.
MLA citation style:
Baum, L. Frank, and W. W Denslow. The wonderful Wizard of Oz. Chicago ; New York: G.M. Hill Co., 1900, 1900. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/03032405/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialBallad of the lost hare Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. LAC ael 2020-09-17 no edits (1 card)
- Contributor: Sidney, Margaret - D. Lothrop & Company
- Date: 1882
Book/Printed MaterialJack the giant killer / by F.W.N. Bayley, author of The new tale of a tub, ... In verse. 13 full-page illustrations included in pagination. Haviland, V. Yankee Doodle's literary sampler, p. 133 With: Bayley, F.W.N. Little Red Riding Hood. New York: Burgess, Stringer & Co., 1845 -- Bayley,...
- Contributor: Bayley, F. W. N. (Frederic William Naylor) - Burgess, Stringer & Co. - Leech, John
- Date: 1845
Book/Printed MaterialElsie Dinsmore First edition. Added t.p. has address: 506 Broadway, which is correct. Illustrations signed: Fay & Cox. In original publisher's binding: brown cloth over boards, with blind-stamped medallion in the center of the...
- Contributor: Finley, Martha - Fay & Cox - Dodd, Moses Woodruff
- Date: 1867
Book/Printed MaterialDenslow's Humpty Dumpty
Humpty Dumpty Cover title. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. LC copy has ownership signature of Gareth Olmstead Clark. Adv. on p.  of cover for Denslow's picture...
- Contributor: Denslow, W. W. (William Wallace) - Juvenile Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1903
Book/Printed MaterialThe tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle "Copyright 1905"--Verso of t.p. Illustrated endpapers. LC copy is a copyright deposit. Two copies received Sep 23, 1905. Copyright entry May 24, 1905 class a ... 117645 copy A. Formerly classified: PZ10.3.P47...
- Contributor: Frederick Warne and Co. - Potter, Beatrix
- Date: 1905