Book/Printed Material A treatise of musick, speculative, practical, and historical
About this Item
- A treatise of musick, speculative, practical, and historical
- Contributor Names
- Malcolm, Alexander, 1685-1763.
- Mitchell, Mr. (Joseph), 1684-1738.
- Created / Published
- London : J. Osborn [etc.], 1731.
- Subject Headings
- - Music theory--Early works to 1800
- - "First edition, Edinburgh, 1721."
- - "An ode on the power of musick, inscrib'd to Mr. Malcolm ... by Mr. Mitchell": p. [iii]-xvi.
- xvi, 608 p. ; 20 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- MT6 .M227 1731
- Microfilm Music 5000 Item M-014b, Reel 116 Microfilm. Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, . 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. On reel with other titles.
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- OCLC Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The contents of the Library of Congress Books About Music Before 1800 Collection are in the public domain and are free to use or reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Malcolm, Alexander, and Mr Mitchell. A Treatise of Musick, Speculative, Practical, and Historical. [London: J. Osborn etc, 1731] Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/04003217/.
APA citation style:
Malcolm, A. & Mitchell, M. (1731) A Treatise of Musick, Speculative, Practical, and Historical. [London: J. Osborn etc] [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/04003217/.
MLA citation style:
Malcolm, Alexander, and Mr Mitchell. A Treatise of Musick, Speculative, Practical, and Historical. [London: J. Osborn etc, 1731] Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/04003217/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialA treatise of musick, speculative, practical and historical "An ode on the power of musick, inscrib'd to Mr. Malcolm ... by Mr. Mitchell": p. [iii]-xii.
- Contributor: Malcolm, Alexander - Mitchell, (Joseph)
- Date: 1721
Book/Printed MaterialMalcolm's Treatise of music, speculative, practical, and historical, corrected and abridged, by an eminent musician ... First edition, Edinburgh, 1721. "This work is neither corrected, abridged nor improved ... It consists of entire chapters taken verbatim from the original, omitting only the most useful."--Ms. note on t.p. signed:...
- Contributor: Malcolm, Alexander
- Date: 1776
Book/Printed MaterialEl melopeo y maestro : Tractado de mvsica theorica y pratica: en que se pone por ... Errors in paging: no. 294-295, 375-376, repeated; no. 371-372, 1157-1158, omitted. "A work ... founded on the system of Zarlino; indeed there is some reason to believe that it is a mere...
- Contributor: Zarlino, Gioseffo - Cerone, Pietro
- Date: 1613
Book/Printed MaterialOpusculu[m] musices perq[uam] breuissimum: de gregoriana et figuratiua atq[ue] contrapuncto simplici vna cum exemplis idoneis per ... Signatures: A-[H]4. Woodcut on t.p. with "Tetrastichon" below; Guidonian hand on verso of Aij; gothic type; musical examples. Second edition; 1st edition, Vienna, 1509. Imperfect: wanting last leaf.
- Contributor: Quercu, Simon De.
- Date: 1513
Book/Printed MaterialThoscanello de la mvsica Signatures: a⁴, A⁴, B⁶ (B₆ blank? wanting), C-L⁴ (L₄ bland) M⁶ (M₆ blank). First ed. Cf. Eitner. Quellen-Lexikon. Sotheby & Co., Oct. 17-18, 1949 (Landau), no. 130.
- Contributor: Aaron, Pietro
- Date: 1523