Book/Printed Material Short stories and reminiscences of the last fifty years.
About this Item
- Short stories and reminiscences of the last fifty years.
- Contributor Names
- Mallory, Daniel, -1854?
- Created / Published
- New York, D. Mallory; Philadelphia, Carey & Hart; [etc., etc.] 1842.
- v. 1. The pest house. -- The maniac. -- Recollections of New York. -- Caroline Nichols. -- Visit to the vineyard. -- Eccentric characters. -- John Randolph. -- A new way to pay debts of honour, &c. -- A visit to the wounded English officers. -- Burning of Havre de Grace. -- A night in Fort McHenry. -- General Washington's marquee. -- A visit to Mount Vernon. -- A young American in England. -- Scenes of a soldier. -- Mr. B---. -- The mistake. -- Mr. Curran, &c.
- v. 2. A visit to Cincinnati. -- The jewels. -- Yellow fever, and deer hunt. -- The English lady. -- A visit to St. Louis. -- La Fay, the pickpocket. -- A visit to Louisville. -- General Harrison. -- Mr. H---. -- Incidents of a voyage. -- Wilcox, the counterfeiter. -- A visit to New-Orleans and the battle ground. -- Curious incidents. -- An attempt to murder. -- The pirate. -- The dangerous ford. -- Catfish catching squirrels. -- The tame seal, &c. -- The stork. -- Mr. Smith. -- Jaco. -- Waterloo. -- Turn the sausages.
- Subject Headings
- - East (U.S.)--Description and travel
- - Mississippi River Valley--Description and travel
- - Vol. 1: 3rd ed.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 2 v. 16 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- E173 .M25
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- Vol. 1: 3rd ed. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. See American Memory, Copyright, and Other Restrictions and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information.
The Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in The Capital and the Bay; however there are two items from the publication entitled A Lecture on Our National Capital by Frederick Douglass, Anacostia Neighborhood Museum, Smithsonian Institution, and National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior, published by the Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, D.C., 1978, for which additional information is provided below:
"'The Freedman's Savings and Trust Company, located on Pennsylvania Avenue at Fifteenth Street, N.W., opposite the Treasury Building.'" This image is credited to the National Archives in the above publication. The National Archives believes that this image has been incorrectly credited to their collections. They have no record of such an image in their holdings. Its source is unknown.
All photographs credited to the AColumbia Historical Society@ in the above publication should now be credited to the AHistorical Society of Washington, D.C.@ Reproductions and permissions may be obtained from the Historical Society of Washington, D.C., 1307 New Hampshire Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20036, email (re photos): email@example.com.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mallory, Daniel, -1854?. Short Stories and Reminiscences of the Last Fifty Years. [New York, D. Mallory; Philadelphia, Carey & Hart; etc., et, 1842] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/05003850/.
APA citation style:
Mallory, D. (1842) Short Stories and Reminiscences of the Last Fifty Years. [New York, D. Mallory; Philadelphia, Carey & Hart; etc., et] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/05003850/.
MLA citation style:
Mallory, Daniel, -1854?. Short Stories and Reminiscences of the Last Fifty Years. [New York, D. Mallory; Philadelphia, Carey & Hart; etc., et, 1842] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/05003850/>.