Book/Printed Material Zanzibar: city, island, and coast.
About this Item
- Zanzibar: city, island, and coast.
- Contributor Names
- Burton, Richard Francis, Sir, 1821-1890.
- Created / Published
- London, Tinsley brothers, 1872.
- Subject Headings
- - Ethnology--Tanzania--Zanzibar
- - Africa, East--Description and travel
- - Zanzibar--Description and travel
- - Includes bibliographical references.
- 2 v. 5 maps (1 fold.), plates. 22 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- DT435 .B9
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- OCLC Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Burton, Richard Francis, Sir. Zanzibar: City, Island, and Coast. London, Tinsley brothers, 1872. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/05010996/.
APA citation style:
Burton, R. F. (1872) Zanzibar: City, Island, and Coast. London, Tinsley brothers. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/05010996/.
MLA citation style:
Burton, Richard Francis, Sir. Zanzibar: City, Island, and Coast. London, Tinsley brothers, 1872. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/05010996/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialThree years in savage Africa, Also available in digital form.
- Contributor: Decle, Lionel
- Date: 1898
Book/Printed MaterialThrough unknown African countries : the first expedition from Somaliland to Lake Rudolf A. Donaldson Smith was an American medical doctor and amateur big-game hunter who, in 1894-95, undertook an 18-month expedition from Berbera, Somalia (then British Somaliland) to Lake Turkana (then Lake Rudolf) in...
- Contributor: Smith, Arthur Donaldson - Crick, G. C. (George Charles) - Simon, Eugène - Pocock, R. I. (Reginald Innes) - Culin, Stewart - Holland, W. J. (William Jacob) - Gregory, J. W. (John Walter) - Günther, Albert C. L. G. (Albert Carl Ludwig Gotthilf) - Jordan, Karl
- Date: 1897
Book/Printed MaterialTwo trips to gorilla land and the cataracts of the Congo. Includes bibliographical references.
- Contributor: Burton, Richard Francis
- Date: 1876
Book/Printed MaterialThe land of footprints Also available in digital form. LAC nsk 2019-01-28 update (1 card) LAC rwp 2019-02-08 review
- Contributor: Theodore Roosevelt Hunting Library (Library of Congress) - White, Stewart Edward
- Date: 1912
Book/Printed MaterialAfrican game trails; Also available in digital form.
- Contributor: Roosevelt, Theodore
- Date: 1910