Book/Printed Material The dance of modern society
About this Item
- The dance of modern society
- Contributor Names
- Wilkinson, William Cleaver -- 1833-1920
- Created / Published
- Oakley, Mason & Co., New York, 1869, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Dance -- Moral and ethical aspects
- - Antidance Literature
- - By W. C. Wilkinson. (statement of responsibility)
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images and full text. (additional physical form)
- electronic resource
- 77 p. 18 cm.
- Music Division
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- Book. print | 77 p. 18 cm. | By W. C. Wilkinson. (Statement Of Responsibility). Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images and full text. (Additional Physical Form). Print (Form). Electronic Resource (Form). Remote (Form). THE END.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the materials in this collection.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The accompanying videos were produced by the Library of Congress. Note Video Performers for additional credits for video performers.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Performers for the October 1997 Great Hall event: Dancers
Members of The Jonquil Street Foundation, Inc. Ariane Anthony, Thomas Baird, Barbara Barr, Patricia Beaman, Christopher Caines, Charles Garth, James Martin, Maris Wolff. Musicians - members of The Library of Congress Centennial Cotillion Brass Band, Emerson Head and Robert Sheldon, Leaders (Members, Metro Washington D.C. Federation of Musicians Local 161-710, AFM.)
Performers for the Coolidge Auditorium clips: Dancers
Cheryl Stafford and Thomas Baird. Musicians - Boris Gurevitch (piano), Susan Manus (violin).
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Wilkinson, William Cleaver. The Dance of Modern Society. Oakley, Mason & Co., New York, monographic, 1869. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/05028759/.
APA citation style:
Wilkinson, W. C. (1869) The Dance of Modern Society. Oakley, Mason & Co., New York, monographic. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/05028759/.
MLA citation style:
Wilkinson, William Cleaver. The Dance of Modern Society. Oakley, Mason & Co., New York, monographic, 1869. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/05028759/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialAn essay on dancing Book. print | 132 p. ; 16 cm. | by J. Townley Crane. (Statement Of Responsibility). "Entered according to act of Congress, in the year 1849 ... in the Clerk's Office of...
- Contributor: Crane, J. T. (Jonathan Townley) - Crane, J. T. - Nelson & Phillips
- Date: 1849
Book/Printed MaterialThere is no harm in dancing Book. print | 58 p. 15 cm. | by W. E. Penn, with an introduction by Rev. J. H. Stribling ... (Statement Of Responsibility). Published later under title: The upas tree ......
- Contributor: Penn, W. E. - L. E. Kline
- Date: 1884
Book/Printed MaterialImmorality of modern dances Book. print | 2 p.l., 11-13 p., 1 l., 15-114 p. plates. 18 cm. | ed. by Beryl and Associates ... (Statement Of Responsibility). Available also through the Library of Congress Web...
- Contributor: Everitt and Francis Co. [Etc.]
- Date: 1904
Book/Printed MaterialAn account of the trial of social dance Book. print | 46 p. 23 cm. | By Rev. George Davis. (Statement Of Responsibility). Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images and full text. (Additional...
- Contributor: Davis, George - Davis, George (Rev) - Kingston Freeman Printing House
- Date: 1899
Book/Printed MaterialDancers and dancing a calm and rational view of the dancing question Book. print | 3 p.l., 5-44 p. front. (port.) 19 cm. | by Pastor J. M. Hubbert ... (Statement Of Responsibility). Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile...
- Contributor: Hubbert, J. M. - Cumberland Presbyterian Publishing House - Hubbert, J. M. (James Monroe)
- Date: 1901