Book/Printed Material The records of the Virginia Company of London
About this Item
- The records of the Virginia Company of London
- Virginia Company of London
- Kingsbury, Susan M. (Susan Myra), 1870-1949, ed
- Library of Congress
- Woodrow Wilson Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Washington : Govt. Print. Off., 1906-1935.
- CONTENTS.---I--II. The Court book [from April 28, 1619, to June 7, 1624] from the manuscript in the Library of Congress.---III--IV. Documents.
- - Virginia--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Sources
- - At head of tilte : Library of Congress.
- - Plates accompained by guard sheets with descriptive letterpress.
- - Preface for v. 1-2 by Herbert Levi Osgood.
- - The introduction and bibliography (v. 1, p. 11-26) also published separately, Washington, 1905.
- - The records of the Virginia company of London also available in electronic form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Call Number on card Z663.R38 Copy 3. LAC tnb 2019-04-29
- - LAC tnb 2019-04-29 update (1 card)
- - LAC sba 2022-02-03 update (1 card)
- - Note on catalog card: Library has vol.s 1-2 (2 copies of each). Not sure if “Library” is all of LC or only the Wilson Collection. LAC sba 2022-02-03.
- 4 v. xiv pl. (incl. 13 facsims.) 30 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- F229 .V86
- Microfilm 75103 F
- Z663 .R38
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to The Thomas Jefferson Papers at the Library of Congress for noncommercial, educational and research purposes. While the Library is not aware of any copyrights or other rights associated with this Collection, the written permission of any copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for reproduction, distribution, or other use of any protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with the persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division.
The following items are included in this Collection with permission:
The essay "American Sphinx: The Contradictions of Thomas Jefferson" by Joseph J. Ellis was originally published in the November-December 1994 issue of Civilization: The Magazine of the Library of Congress and may not be reprinted in any other form or by any other source.
The essay "The Jamestown Records of the Virginia Company of London: A Conservator's Perspective" by Sylvia R. Albro and Holly H. Krueger was originally published in a slightly different form in Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference of the Institute of Paper Conservation, 6-9 April 1997 and may not be reprinted in any other form or by any other source.
Rembrandt Peale's 1800 Thomas Jefferson portrait on the Thomas Jefferson Time Line is from the White House Collection, courtesy of the White House Historical Association.
The image of Thomas Jefferson on the home page is from a photomechanical print held in the Library of Congress's Prints and Photographs Division, Presidential File, and is a reproduction of the popular 1805 Rembrandt Peale portrait in the collection of the New-York Historical Society.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Virginia Company Of London, Library Of Congress, and Woodrow Wilson Collection. The records of the Virginia Company of London. editeds by Kingsbury, Susan M Washington: Govt. Print. Off., to 1935, 1906. Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/06035006/.
APA citation style:
Virginia Company Of London, Library Of Congress & Woodrow Wilson Collection, Kingsbury, S. M., ed. (1906) The records of the Virginia Company of London. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., to 1935. [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/06035006/.
MLA citation style:
Virginia Company Of London, Library Of Congress, and Woodrow Wilson Collection. The records of the Virginia Company of London. ed by Kingsbury, Susan M Washington: Govt. Print. Off., to 1935, 1906. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/06035006/>.