Book/Printed Material Report ... of the United States Pacific railway commission [and Testimony taken by the commission]
Show more resources (3)
About this Item
- Report ... of the United States Pacific railway commission [and Testimony taken by the commission]
- United States. Pacific Railway Commission.
- Pattison, Robert E. (Robert Emory), 1850-1904.
- Young, Charles P.
- Manners, Edward C.
Created / Published
- Washington, Gov't print. off., 1887-88.
- Pt. I. Message from the President of the United States transmitting the reports of the ... commission. Report of the commission and of the minority commissioner.--Pt. 2-9 (vol. I-VIII) Testimony.-- Pt. 10 (vol. IX). Alphabetical, analytical and topical index of testimony, reports of accountants and engineer, and of the commissioners ... by Edward C. Manners.
- - Pacific railroads
- - Union Pacific Railroad Company
- - Central Pacific Railroad Company
- - Pacific railroads--Finance
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Testimony and index (vol. I-IX) paged continuously. Bound in 5 v., each having the added t.p. and index of the executive documents of the Senate of the United States for the first session of the Fiftieth Congress. 1988.
- - Commission appointed under the act of Congress approved March 3, 1887, entitled "An act authorizing an investigation of the books, accounts, and methods of railroads which have received aid from the United States, and for other purposes."
- - Commissioners: Robert E. Pattison, chairman; E. Ellery Anderson; David T. Littler; secretary and stenographer: Charles P. Young.
- - images not viewed; td12 2010-10-19
- 10 v. in 5. 2 fold. pl., 2 fold. maps. 23 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- HE1062 .U6
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress and its Meeting of Frontiers partners believe that many of the materials in Meeting of Frontiers are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse. The Library of Congress and partner institutions have researched the contents of these collection to ascertain any possible legal rights embodied in the materials. The Library has also obtained permission for the use of many other materials, and presents additional materials pursuant to fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States less than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago). For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived page from the original Meeting of Frontiers site from 2005.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Meeting of Frontiers.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Pacific Railway Commission, Robert E Pattison, Charles P Young, and Edward C Manners. Report ... of the United States Pacific railway commission and Testimony taken by the commission. Washington, Gov't print. off., -88, 1887. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/06045508/.
APA citation style:
United States Pacific Railway Commission, Pattison, R. E., Young, C. P. & Manners, E. C. (1887) Report ... of the United States Pacific railway commission and Testimony taken by the commission. Washington, Gov't print. off., -88. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/06045508/.
MLA citation style:
United States Pacific Railway Commission, et al. Report ... of the United States Pacific railway commission and Testimony taken by the commission. Washington, Gov't print. off., -88, 1887. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/06045508/>.