Book/Printed Material A wonder-book for girls and boys
About this Item
- A wonder-book for girls and boys
- Hawthorne, Nathaniel, 1804-1864.
- Baker, William Jay, engraver.
- Billings, Hammatt, 1818-1874, ill.
- Ticknor, Reed, and Fields, publisher.
Created / Published
- Boston : Ticknor, Reed and Fields, MDCCCLII 
- - Mythology, Classical--Juvenile literature
- Juvenile literature--1852
- - First printing (error on p. 21, line 3, "lifed" for "lifted").
- - Preface dated Lenox, July 15, 1851.
- - First published in London in 1851.
- - Haviland, V. Yankee Doodle's literary sampler, p. 190-191
- - Blanck, J. Peter Parley to Penrod, p. 6
- - BAL 7606
- - LC copy is a copyright deposit: Dec. 22, 1851.
- - LAC ael 2020-09-10 no edits (1 card)
- vi, , 8-256 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 17 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- PZ8.1.H318 W3
- PZ8.1.H318 W3 Copy 2. 1st printing.
- PZ8.1.H318 W3 Copy 3. 2nd printing (Error on p. 21 corrected). In original publisher's binding.
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hawthorne, Nathaniel, William Jay Baker, Hammatt Billings, and Reed Ticknor. A Wonder-Book for Girls and Boys. [Boston: Ticknor, Reed and Fields, MDCCCLII, 1852] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/07003867/.
APA citation style:
Hawthorne, N., Baker, W. J., Billings, H. & Ticknor, R. (1852) A Wonder-Book for Girls and Boys. [Boston: Ticknor, Reed and Fields, MDCCCLII] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/07003867/.
MLA citation style:
Hawthorne, Nathaniel, et al. A Wonder-Book for Girls and Boys. [Boston: Ticknor, Reed and Fields, MDCCCLII, 1852] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/07003867/>.