Map Statistical atlas of the United States, based upon the results of the eleventh census
About this Item
- Statistical atlas of the United States, based upon the results of the eleventh census
- United States. Census office. 11th census, 1890.
- Gannett, Henry, 1846-1914.
Created / Published
- Washington, Govt. print. off., 1898.
- - United States--Census, 1890
- - United States--Statistics--Maps
- - United States
- - Phillips, 1333
- - At head of title: Department of the interior, Census office. Robert P. Porter, superinttendent ... Carroll D. Wright, commissioner of labor in charge.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copies renumbered 4/2000. Copy 3 was made Copy 1.
- 69 p. 63 col. pl. (part fold., incl. maps, statistical diagrs.) 54 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G1201.G1 U53 1898
- HA201 1890 .E
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Analyzing Geographic Data Visualizations to Deepen Student Understanding of Late 19th Century Migration
- Teaching Mathematics Using Primary Sources: Analyzing Population Pyramids
- Primary Sources in Science Classrooms: Computer Science and Programming with Punched Cards (Part 2)
- Presenting the Nation's Cultural Geography | National Atlases | Articles and Essays | General Maps | Digital Collections
- Changing Historical Perspective with Mathematical Reasoning
- Complex Encounters, Continuing Exchanges: Exploring Varied Stories of Immigration Using Primary Sources
- Immigration Challenges for New Americans
- Irish-American Heritage Month: New Resources
- Charts and Graphs
- Free to Use and Reuse: Irish Americans | Free to Use and Reuse Sets
- Reconstruction and Its Aftermath - The African American Odyssey: A Quest for Full Citizenship
- Prologue - The Civil Rights Act of 1964: A Long Struggle for Freedom
- Jim Crow and Segregation
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Census Office. 11Th Census, 1890, and Henry Gannett. Statistical atlas of the United States, based upon the results of the eleventh census. Washington, Govt. print. off, 1898. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/07019233/.
APA citation style:
United States Census Office. 11Th Census, 1. & Gannett, H. (1898) Statistical atlas of the United States, based upon the results of the eleventh census. Washington, Govt. print. off. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/07019233/.
MLA citation style:
United States Census Office. 11Th Census, 1890, and Henry Gannett. Statistical atlas of the United States, based upon the results of the eleventh census. Washington, Govt. print. off, 1898. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/07019233/>.