Book/Printed Material A tenderfoot in southern California,
About this Item
- A tenderfoot in southern California,
- Mina Deane Halsey (b. 1873) was a New York writer. A tenderfoot in southern California (1909) is her spoof of accounts of California travel and recounts a "tenderfoot's" rail journey west, stays in Los Angeles and Pasadena, Mount Lowe, Hollywood, and Catalina.
- Halsey, Mina Deane, 1873-
Created / Published
- New York, Printed for the author by J.J. Little & Ives co., 1909.
- - California, Southern--Social life and customs
- - Women--California
- - California--Description and travel
- - "This ia an autograph edition". This copy not numbered.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 8 p.l., 13-149,  p. illus. 20 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- F867 .H19
Library of Congress Control Number
- No known restrictions on publication.
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
"California as I Saw It:" First-Person Narratives of California's Early Years, 1849-1900.
General Notice and Restriction Statement: The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in this collection, some content may be protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.), and/or the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, [appropriate source division as described in the bibliographic record]. For example: Library of Congress, General Collections; or, Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Halsey, Mina Deane. A tenderfoot in southern California. New York, Printed for the author by J.J. Little & Ives co, 1909. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/09011523/.
APA citation style:
Halsey, M. D. (1909) A tenderfoot in southern California. New York, Printed for the author by J.J. Little & Ives co. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/09011523/.
MLA citation style:
Halsey, Mina Deane. A tenderfoot in southern California. New York, Printed for the author by J.J. Little & Ives co, 1909. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/09011523/>.