Book/Printed Material The slant book
About this Item
- The slant book
- Newell, Peter, 1862-1924, author.
- Patterson, Mary Marvin Breckinridge, 1905-2002, donor.
- Breckenridge, Joseph Cabell, 1788-1823, former owner.
- Harper & Brothers, publishers.
Created / Published
- New York : Harper & Brothers, 
- - Toy and movable books--Specimens
- - Illustrated title page.
- - In the shape of a parallelogram, with slanted illustrations of a baby in a cart rolling through town.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - LAC tnb 2020-09-01 update (1 card)
- 48 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 22 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- PZ8.3.N46 S
- PZ8.3.N46 S Copy 2 Gift of Mrs. Jefferson Patterson, Feb. 12, 1980. Inscription: Joseph Cabell Breckenridge from Uncle Frank, Christmas 1910.
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Breckenridge, Joseph Cabell
- Harper & Brothers
- Juvenile Collection (Library of Congress)
- Newell, Peter
- Patterson, Mary Marvin Breckinridge
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Newell, Peter, Author, Mary Marvin Breckinridge Patterson, Joseph Cabell Breckenridge, and Publishers Harper & Brothers. The Slant Book. [New York: Harper & Brothers, ©, 1910] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/10025818/.
APA citation style:
Newell, P., Patterson, M. M. B., Breckenridge, J. C. & Harper & Brothers, P. (1910) The Slant Book. [New York: Harper & Brothers, ©] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/10025818/.
MLA citation style:
Newell, Peter, Author, et al. The Slant Book. [New York: Harper & Brothers, ©, 1910] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/10025818/>.