Book/Printed Material The rocket book
About this Item
- The rocket book
- The upward progress of a rocket, lit in the basement by the janitor's son, causes some strange situations as it passes through twenty floors of apartments.
- Newell, Peter, 1862-1924, author.
- MacCloskey, Monro, donor.
- Patterson, Mary Marvin Breckinridge, 1905-2002, donor.
Created / Published
- New York : Harper & Brothers, 
- - Toy and movable books--Specimens
- - Apartment houses--Fiction
- - Illustrated title page.
- - A die-cut hole is in the center of each illustration, as the rocket blasts through.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Patterson gift.
- - LAC tnb 2020-09-01 update (1 card)
- 48 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 23 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- PZ8.3.N46 R
- PZ8.3.N46 R Copy 2 Gift of Gen. Monro MacCloskey, 3 May 1974; Inscription: A merry Xmas to Lara from Cousin Helen.
- PZ8.3.N46 R Copy 3 Gift of Mrs. Jefferson Patterson, Feb. 12, 1980.
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Juvenile Collection (Library of Congress)
- Maccloskey, Monro
- Newell, Peter
- Patterson, Mary Marvin Breckinridge
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Newell, Peter, Author, Monro Maccloskey, and Mary Marvin Breckinridge Patterson. The Rocket Book. [New York: Harper & Brothers, ©, 1912] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/12023925/.
APA citation style:
Newell, P., Maccloskey, M. & Patterson, M. M. B. (1912) The Rocket Book. [New York: Harper & Brothers, ©] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/12023925/.
MLA citation style:
Newell, Peter, Author, Monro Maccloskey, and Mary Marvin Breckinridge Patterson. The Rocket Book. [New York: Harper & Brothers, ©, 1912] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/12023925/>.