Book/Printed Material Indian land cessions in the United States,
About this Item
- Indian land cessions in the United States,
- Royce, Charles C., 1845-1923
- Thomas, Cyrus, 1825-1910
- - Indian land transfers--United States
- - Indians of North America--Government relations
- - United States
- - United States Serial Set Number 4015 contains the second part of the two-part Eighteenth Annual Report of the Bureau of American Ethnology to the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution, 1896-1897. (Part one is printed in United States Serial Set Number 4014.) Part two, which was also printed as House Document No. 736 of the U.S. Serial Set, 56th Congress, 1st Session, features sixty-seven maps and two tables compiled by Charles C. Royce, with an introductory essay by Cyrus Thomas. The tables are entitled: Schedule of Treaties and Acts of Congress Authorizing Allotments of Lands in Severalty and Schedule of Indian Land Cessions. The Schedule of Indian Land Cessions subtitle notes that it "indicates the number and location of each cession by or reservation for the Indian tribes from the organization of the Federal Government to and including 1894, together with descriptions of the tracts so ceded or reserved, the date of the treaty, law or executive order governing the same, the name of the tribe or tribes affected thereby, and historical data and references bearing thereon."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy 3 NOS 10/7/93
- pages 521-997 ; 30 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- KIE610 .R69 1899
- E93 .R885
- GN2 .U5
- G1201.G6 R7 1899
- HD231 .R7 1899 Another issue (56th Cong., 1st sess. House. Doc. 736.
- Smithsonian Institution. Bureau of American Ethnology. Eighteenth annual report ... 1896-'97. pt. 2, p. 521-997, 67 maps (part double). 30 cm.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Royce, Charles C, and Cyrus Thomas. Indian land cessions in the United States. 1899. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/13023487/.
APA citation style:
Royce, C. C. & Thomas, C. (1899) Indian land cessions in the United States. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/13023487/.
MLA citation style:
Royce, Charles C, and Cyrus Thomas. Indian land cessions in the United States. 1899. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/13023487/>.