Book/Printed Material Siberia,
About this Item
- Morgan Philips Price (1885-1973) was a British journalist, photographer, and politician who wrote several books about Russia. He studied science at Cambridge University. In 1910 he joined a British scientific expedition to explore the headwaters of the Enesei River in central Siberia with two friends, writer, photographer, and cartographer Douglas Carruthers, and J.H. Miller, a zoologist and big-game hunter. Siberia is Price's account of the expedition and his travels on the Trans-Siberian Railroad, his stay in the city of Krasnoiarsk, and his visit to the Siberian provincial town of Minusinsk. The book, published in 1914, is illustrated with photographs and maps. It includes chapters on the history of the colonization and social evolution of Siberia, economic conditions in western and central Siberia, and the economic future of Siberia. The concluding chapter is devoted to Mongolia, which Price also visited. Mongolia had been a Chinese province since 1691, but became an autonomous state under Russian protection in 1912. Price was an enthusiast for Siberia and its economic prospects, and saw many parallels between its development and that of Canada. He later reported on the Russian Revolution for the Manchester Guardian and served as a member of Parliament. World Digital Library.
- Price, M. Philips (Morgan Philips), 1885-
Created / Published
- London, Methuen & Co., ltd.: New York, George H. Doran Company [pref. 1912].
- - Mongolia
- - Siberia (Russia)--Description and travel
- - Siberia (Russia)--Economic conditions
- - "Mongolia, in its present economic and political relation to the Russian and Chinese empires": p. 261-304.
- xviii, 308 p. front. (port.) plates, 4 maps (1 fold.) 23 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- DK755 .P7
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Price, M. Philips. Siberia. [London, Methuen & Co., ltd.: New York, George H. Doran Company pref, 1912] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/13035187/.
APA citation style:
Price, M. P. (1912) Siberia. [London, Methuen & Co., ltd.: New York, George H. Doran Company pref] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/13035187/.
MLA citation style:
Price, M. Philips. Siberia. [London, Methuen & Co., ltd.: New York, George H. Doran Company pref, 1912] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/13035187/>.