Book/Printed Material Social dancing of to-day
About this Item
- Social dancing of to-day
- Kinney, Troy -- 1871-1938
Created / Published
- Frederick A. Stokes Co., New York, 1914, monographic.
- - Ballroom dancing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- - Dance Instruction and Technical Manuals
- - Notation for Dance
- - demonstrated by Mr. John Murray Anderson; with text, twenty-nine diagrams and fifty-two illustrations from photographs by Troy and Margaret West Kinney. (statement of responsibility)
- - Reprinted with slight changes from: The dance; its place in art and life, by Troy and Margaret West Kinney.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images and full text. (additional physical form)
- electronic resource
- xii p., 1 l., 49 p. incl. front., illus., diagrs. 24 cm.
- Music Division
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the materials in this collection.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The accompanying videos were produced by the Library of Congress. Note Video Performers for additional credits for video performers.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Performers for the October 1997 Great Hall event: Dancers
Members of The Jonquil Street Foundation, Inc. Ariane Anthony, Thomas Baird, Barbara Barr, Patricia Beaman, Christopher Caines, Charles Garth, James Martin, Maris Wolff. Musicians - members of The Library of Congress Centennial Cotillion Brass Band, Emerson Head and Robert Sheldon, Leaders (Members, Metro Washington D.C. Federation of Musicians Local 161-710, AFM.)
Performers for the Coolidge Auditorium clips: Dancers
Cheryl Stafford and Thomas Baird. Musicians - Boris Gurevitch (piano), Susan Manus (violin).
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kinney, Troy. Social Dancing of To-Day. Frederick A. Stokes Co., New York, monographic, 1914. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/14009387/.
APA citation style:
Kinney, T. (1914) Social Dancing of To-Day. Frederick A. Stokes Co., New York, monographic. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/14009387/.
MLA citation style:
Kinney, Troy. Social Dancing of To-Day. Frederick A. Stokes Co., New York, monographic, 1914. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/14009387/>.