Book/Printed Material Experiments and observations on different kinds of air
About this Item
- Experiments and observations on different kinds of air
- Priestley, Joseph, 1733-1804.
Created / Published
- London : Printed for J. Johnson ..., 1774-1777.
- - Chemistry--Early works to 1800
- - Air
- - Continued as the author's Experiments and observations relating to various branches of natural philosophy, with a continuation of the Observations on air, v. 1-3, 1779-1786; an abridgement of the six vols. was published in 1790 in three vols. under the title: Experiments and observations on different kinds of air, and other branches of natural philosophy, connected with the subject.
- - Vol. 1: , xxiii, , 324,  p.,  folded leaves of plates; v. 2: xliv, 399,  p., III leaves of plates; v. 3: xxxiv, , 411,  p.,  folded leaf of plates.
- - Signatures: v. 1: pi1 a8 b4 c2 B-X8 Y4; v. 2: a-b8 c4 d2 B-2D8 chi2; v. 3: a-b8 c4 B-2D8 2E4.
- - Errata: v. 1, p. ; v. 2, p. 400; v. 3, p. .
- - Advertisements: v. 1, p. -; v. 2, p. -; v. 3, p. -.
- - References: Crook, R.E. Priestley, S/451-453; ESTC T033832.
- - Vols. 2 and 3 filmed on reel 77-8 no. 1.
- - LAC ecr 2018-09-20 update
- 3 v. :  leaves of plates (some folded), fronts., ill. ; 22 cm. (8vo)
Call Number/Physical Location
- QD27 .P7 1774
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Priestley, Joseph. Experiments and Observations on Different Kinds of Air. London: Printed for J. Johnson ..., to 1777, 1774. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/15006259/.
APA citation style:
Priestley, J. (1774) Experiments and Observations on Different Kinds of Air. London: Printed for J. Johnson ..., to 1777. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/15006259/.
MLA citation style:
Priestley, Joseph. Experiments and Observations on Different Kinds of Air. London: Printed for J. Johnson ..., to 1777, 1774. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/15006259/>.