Book/Printed Material The history of the conquest of Mexico by the Spaniards
About this Item
- The history of the conquest of Mexico by the Spaniards
- Solís, Antonio de, 1610-1686.
- Townsend, Thomas, active 18th century.
- Woodward, Thomas, -1751?, printer.
- Pre-1801 Imprint Collection (Library of Congress)
- Jay I. Kislak Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- London : Printed for T. Woodward ... and J. Hooke ... and J. Peele ..., 1724.
- - Mexico--History--Conquest, 1519-1540
- - England--London
- - Translation of: Historia de le conquista de Mexico; first Spanish edition, Madrid, 1684.
- - In five books; books I-II, III-IV, respectively, paged continuously; one plate printed on double leaf.
- - Signatures: [a]², b²(-b2), c-d², B-2T², A², ²B-3R², ²A-2P².
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Palau y Dulcet (2nd ed.) 318693
- - Sabin 86487
- - ESTC T135491
- - Kislak accession no.: 1990.018.00.0001
- , 163, , 252, 152 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps, ports. (engravings) ; 36 cm. (fol.)
Call Number/Physical Location
- F1230 .S697
- F1230 .S697 Copy 2 Another copy.
- F1230 .S697 Copy 3 Provenance: Gift of Jay I. Kislak Foundation. Accompanying material laid in.
- Library of Congress Rare Book and Special Collections Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Jay I. Kislak Collection are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse. The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
The Kislak Collection is open to research. Because many of the items in the collection are on exhibit in the Library of Congress’ galleries, researchers are advised to contact the Geography and Map Division and/or the Rare Book and Special Collections Division prior to visiting in order to determine whether the desired materials will be available at that time.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Jay I. Kislak Collection.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Solís, Antonio De, Thomas Townsend, Thomas Woodward, Pre-1801 Imprint Collection, and Jay I. Kislak Collection. The history of the conquest of Mexico by the Spaniards. London: Printed for T. Woodward ... and J. Hooke ... and J. Peele, 1724. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/16005370/.
APA citation style:
Solís, A. D., Townsend, T., Woodward, T., Pre-1801 Imprint Collection & Jay I. Kislak Collection. (1724) The history of the conquest of Mexico by the Spaniards. London: Printed for T. Woodward ... and J. Hooke ... and J. Peele. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/16005370/.
MLA citation style:
Solís, Antonio De, et al. The history of the conquest of Mexico by the Spaniards. London: Printed for T. Woodward ... and J. Hooke ... and J. Peele, 1724. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/16005370/>.