Book/Printed Material Memoirs of Robert-Houdin : ambassador, author, and conjurer
About this Item
- Memoirs of Robert-Houdin : ambassador, author, and conjurer
- Contributor Names
- Robert-Houdin, Jean-Eugène, 1805-1871.
- Mackenzie, R. Shelton (Robert Shelton), 1809-1880.
- Harry Houdini Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Geo. G. Evans, 1859.
- Subject Headings
- - Robert-Houdin, Jean-Eugène,--1805-1871
- - Magicians--France--Biography
- - Includes index.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 445 p. ; 19 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- GV1545.R7 A4
- GV1545.R7 A4 Copy 4 With inscription on t.p.: Prop. Houdini. Leand [sic] only to Goldin.
- GV1545.R7 A4 Copy 5 Extra-illustrated copy, with photographs of Robert-Houdin's tomb, various obituaries, clippings, a performance handbill from 1848, etc., mostly tipped in, although a few are laid in. Ms. annotations in the hand of Houdini throughout and extensive notes on blanks at end. Autographed by Houdini on added free front-endpaper.
- GV1545.R7 A4 Copy 6 Imperfect: wanting t.p. Autograph of Houdini. Photographic reproduction of a 2 leaf letter, signed Robert Houdin, dated 28 Apr. 1860, laid in.
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Includes index. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Robert-Houdin, Jean-Eugène, R. Shelton Mackenzie, and Harry Houdini Collection. Memoirs of Robert-Houdin: ambassador, author, and conjurer. Philadelphia: Geo. G. Evans, 1859. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/16020219/.
APA citation style:
Robert-Houdin, J., Mackenzie, R. S. & Harry Houdini Collection. (1859) Memoirs of Robert-Houdin: ambassador, author, and conjurer. Philadelphia: Geo. G. Evans. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/16020219/.
MLA citation style:
Robert-Houdin, Jean-Eugène, R. Shelton Mackenzie, and Harry Houdini Collection. Memoirs of Robert-Houdin: ambassador, author, and conjurer. Philadelphia: Geo. G. Evans, 1859. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/16020219/>.