Book/Printed Material Naval power in the war (1914-1917)
About this Item
- Naval power in the war (1914-1917)
- Gill, C. C. (Charles Clifford), 1885-1948.
Created / Published
- New York, George H. Doran Company 
- Significance of naval power in the war.--Definitions and estimate of the situation.--Opening activities.--Naval action in Heligoland Bight.--Coronel and Falkland engagements.--Dardanellas operations.--North Sea battles.--Submarine warfare.--Anti-submarine tactics.--Naval lessons of the war.--Appendix: 1. Comparative strength of navies. 2. "Emden" exploits. 3. America's part in the development of naval weapons and tactics.
- - World War, 1914-1918--Naval operations
- - "The eleven chapters in this work, with one exception, were contributed to the New York times current history magazine during the year 1917, and now appear in a revised form."--Pref.
- - Also available in digital form.
- xv, 224 p. fold. front., illus., maps, fold. tab. 20 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- D580 .G5
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gill, C. C. Naval Power in the War -1917. [New York, George H. Doran Company, 1918] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/18002673/.
APA citation style:
Gill, C. C. (1918) Naval Power in the War -1917. [New York, George H. Doran Company] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/18002673/.
MLA citation style:
Gill, C. C. Naval Power in the War -1917. [New York, George H. Doran Company, 1918] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/18002673/>.