Book/Printed Material The negro in literature and art in the United States,
About this Item
- The negro in literature and art in the United States,
- Brawley, Benjamin, 1882-1939.
Created / Published
- New York, Duffield & Company, 1918.
- The Negro genius.--Phillis Wheatley.--Paul Laurence Dunbar.--Charles W. Chesnutt.--W.E. Burghardt Du Bois.--William Stanley Braithwaite.--Other writers.--Orators: Douglass and Washington.--The stage.--Painters: Henry O. Tanner.--Sculptors: Meta Warrick Fuller.--Music--Appendix: The Negro in American action. Study of bibliography (p. 160-174)
- - American literature--African American authors--History and criticism
- - African Americans--Intellectual life
- - African Americans in literature
- - African American artists
- - African American arts
- - Reprinted in part from various periodicals.
- - Based on the author's booklet "The Negro in literature and art." published in 1910.
- - Also available in digital form.
- 7 p. l., 3-176 p. front., ports. 20 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- E185.82 .B822
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Brawley, Benjamin. The negro in literature and art in the United States. New York, Duffield & Company, 1918. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/18007131/.
APA citation style:
Brawley, B. (1918) The negro in literature and art in the United States. New York, Duffield & Company. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/18007131/.
MLA citation style:
Brawley, Benjamin. The negro in literature and art in the United States. New York, Duffield & Company, 1918. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/18007131/>.