Newspaper The stars and stripes (Paris, France), March 14, 1919
About this Newspaper
- The stars and stripes (Paris, France), March 14, 1919
- Library of Congress, Washington, DC
Place of Publication
- Paris, France
Dates of Publication
Created / Published
- Paris, France, March 14, 1919
- - World War, 1914-1918--Periodicals
- - World War, 1914-1918--United States--Periodicals
- - United States
- - World War--(1914-1918)
- - 1914-1918
- - France--Paris
- - Weekly
- - Vol. 1, no. 1 (Feb. 8, 1918)-v. 2, no. 19 (June 13, 1919).
- - "By the Soldiers of the A.E.F. to the People of the United States."
- - Issue for July 12, 1918 called "France Number."
- - Unnumbered special issue published Sept. 28, 1918; Hospital gift edition from American Red Cross published Mar. 7, 1919.
- - Some issues accompanied by supplements.
- - Also issued online.
- - Available on microfilm from Library of Congress Preservation Microfilming Program.
- - Continued by: Stars and stripes (Washington, D.C.), established June 14, 1919.
- - Stars and stripes (Washington, D.C.) (DLC)sn 89071339 (OCoLC)20405528
- - LAC brd 2019-02-06 update (1 card)
- 8 pages
Call Number/Physical Location
- D501 .S7
- DS01 .S7
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions on the materials digitized for the collection The Stars and Stripes: The American Soldiers' Newspaper of World War I, 1918-1919, some content may be protected by U.S. copyright (Title 17, U.S.C.), various state laws, and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. In addition, privacy and/or publicity rights may restrict the reproduction of some materials. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The Library of Congress wants to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified on this Web site so that we may make the necessary corrections.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Serial and Government Publications Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Stars and Stripes. (Paris County, France), Mar. 14 1919. https://www.loc.gov/item/20001931/1919-03-14/ed-1/.
APA citation style:
(1919, March 14) The Stars and Stripes. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/20001931/1919-03-14/ed-1/.
MLA citation style:
The Stars and Stripes. (Paris County, France) 14 Mar. 1919. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, www.loc.gov/item/20001931/1919-03-14/ed-1/.