Book/Printed Material Ming shan tu. 名山圖
About this Item
- Ming shan tu.
- Maps include several geographic features; the names of mountains are marked on the left or right corner above the pictures.
- Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- [China : s.n., Ming dai, i.e. between 1633 and 1644]
- - Mountains--China
- - Shi bu--Di li lei--Shan chuan zhi
- - 史部--地理類--山川志
- - Title from label on spine of case.
- - Library's copy imperfect: some pages missing.
- - In case.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - 不分卷.
- - 書名及版本據DCLP01-B15158, DCLP01-B15187.
- - 框21.2 x 14.6公分, 白口, 單黑魚尾, 四周單邊.
- - 此帙僅存圖. 上册三十蝠, 下册三十一蝠, 下書口有墨筆所記葉數, 共九十葉.
- - 原無書題，亦不知原附何書之後，茲以意題為名山圖。上冊三十面，下冊三十一面，下書口有墨筆所記葉數，共九十葉，內闕二十一至四十九，不知所闕果若是歟？抑為有意以掩飾其他闕葉歟？檢圖有前後葉不相接者，知其闕尚不止此數也。圖於左上角或右上角記山名，其峰巒溪澗，勝蹟名園，或全幅記名，或全幅不記名，蓋因所本不同，因而不一律也。此圖較海內奇觀為遒雅，名山勝概記所附，則多本於此。然輪廓雖肖，刀法已疏矣。勝概記有識語云：「名山圖仿自舊志，黃山白岳出鄭千里吳左千，天台雁宕出趙文度杜士良，匡廬石鐘出陳路茗黃長吉，赤壁浮槎出藍田叔孫子真」，此圖殆即勝概記所仿歟？
- 2 v. : all ill.
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Chinese Rare Book Collection. Ming Shan Tu. [China: s.n., ming dai, i.e. between 1633 and 1644, 1633] Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/2001530431/.
APA citation style:
Chinese Rare Book Collection. (1633) Ming Shan Tu. [China: s.n., ming dai, i.e. between 1633 and 1644] [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2001530431/.
MLA citation style:
Chinese Rare Book Collection. Ming Shan Tu. [China: s.n., ming dai, i.e. between 1633 and 1644, 1633] Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2001530431/>.