Book/Printed Material Ming shan tu. 名山圖.
About this Item
- Ming shan tu.
- Other Title
- Maps include several geographic features; the names of mountains are marked on the left or right corner above the pictures.
- Originally untitled, this landscape work, a masterpiece in woodblock print, occupies a prominent place among the famous Chinese landscape gazetteers. Recorded on the top left and top right corners are the names of the famous mountains of China. Some of the prints include the names of the steepest peaks, streams, famous sites, and gardens. Other prints, originating from different sources, do not include such names. Compared with a similar work entitled Hai wai qi guan (Wonders within the four seas) from the 37th year of the Wanli period (1609) and compiled by Yang Erzeng and illustrated by Chen Yiguan, this work was more elegantly executed. The work was issued as a supplement to Ming shan sheng gai ji (Introduction to the famous mountains) in various editions. The copy is imperfect. World Digital Library.
- Contributor Names
- Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- [China : s.n., Ming dai, i.e. between 1633 and 1644]
- Subject Headings
- - Mountains--China
- - Shi bu--Di li lei--Shan chuan zhi
- - 史部--地理類--山川志
- - Title from label on spine of case.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - In case.
- - Library's copy imperfect: some pages missing.
- - 不分卷.
- - 原無書題，亦不知原附何書之後，茲以意題為名山圖。上冊三十面，下冊三十一面，下書口有墨筆所記葉數，共九十葉，內闕二十一至四十九，不知所闕果若是歟？抑為有意以掩飾其他闕葉歟？檢圖有前後葉不相接者，知其闕尚不止此數也。圖於左上角或右上角記山名，其峰巒溪澗，勝蹟名園，或全幅記名，或全幅不記名，蓋因所本不同，因而不一律也。此圖較海內奇觀為遒雅，名山勝概記所附，則多本於此。然輪廓雖肖，刀法已疏矣。勝概記有識語云：「名山圖仿自舊志，黃山白岳出鄭千里吳左千，天台雁宕出趙文度杜士良，匡廬石鐘出陳路茗黃長吉，赤壁浮槎出藍田叔孫子真」，此圖殆即勝概記所仿歟？
- - 書名及版本據DCLP01-B15158, DCLP01-B15187.
- - 框21.2 x 14.6公分, 白口, 單黑魚尾, 四周單邊.
- - 此帙僅存圖. 上册三十蝠, 下册三十一蝠, 下書口有墨筆所記葉數, 共九十葉.
- 2 v. : all ill.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Chinese Rare Book Collection. Ming Shan Tu. [China: s.n., ming dai, i.e. between 1633 and 1644, 1633] Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/2001530431/.
APA citation style:
Chinese Rare Book Collection. (1633) Ming Shan Tu. [China: s.n., ming dai, i.e. between 1633 and 1644] [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2001530431/.
MLA citation style:
Chinese Rare Book Collection. Ming Shan Tu. [China: s.n., ming dai, i.e. between 1633 and 1644, 1633] Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2001530431/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialYou ming shan yi lan ji : shi liu juan
游名山一覽記 : 十六卷 / | Ming shan ji | Ming shan zhu sheng yi lan ji | Ming shan yan dong chuan shi gu ji | You ming shan ji | You ming shan yan dong chuan shi gu ji Chinese works about famous mountains and other travel writings often combined details about the physical magnificence of mountains with information about certain religious and supernatural powers attributed to famous mountains. A number...
- Contributor: Shen, Meng - Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1576
Book/Printed MaterialGu jin you ming shan ji : shi qi juan, zong lu [san juan]
古今游名山記 : 十七卷, 總錄 [三卷] / | You ming shan ji In 2 cases. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. 原題:「括蒼何鏜振卿甫編輯, 廬陵吳炳用晦甫校正」. 按是書卷四卷十又各分上下卷, 總錄分勝紀名言類攷三目. 黃佐(序)嘉靖四十二年 (1563), 吳炳(序), 王世貞(序), 王穉登(序), 自序: 嘉靖四十四年 (1565). 框20 x 14公分, 14行27字, 白口,...
- Contributor: He, Tang - Wu, Bing - Wu, Liang - Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1565
Book/Printed MaterialChen Meigong ding zheng You ming shan ji : si juan
陳眉公訂正遊名山記 : 四卷 / | You ming shan ji In case. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. 卷一卷端又題"檇李岳元聲繡水沈德先藏". 有正德十年(1515)王鏊"序"及正德三年(1508)儲〓"跋". 框19.7 x 12.4公分, 8行18字, 白口, 四周單邊, 版心上鐫"遊名山記", 中鐫卷次. 叢書名及版本參據《中國叢書綜錄》, 1:45
- Contributor: Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress) - Chu, Quan - Du, Mu - Wang, Ao
- Date: 1620
Book/Printed MaterialXi Hu zhi zhai cui bu yi xi nang bian lan : shi er juan
西湖志摘粹補遺奚囊便覽 : 十二卷 / | Xi Hu bian lan Excerpted from "Xi hu you lan zhi" by Tian Rucheng, with works of later poets added. West Lake is a famous freshwater lake located in the historic area of Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province,...
- Contributor: Chen, Youfu - Tian, Rucheng - Gao, Yingke - Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1601
Book/Printed MaterialChong xiu jiang nan Huagai shan zhi : wu juan.
重脩江南華盖山志 : 五卷. | Jiang nan Huagai shan zhi | Huagai Shan zhi Presented here is a printed edition of Chong xiu Jiangnan Huagai Shan zhi (A newly compiled gazetteer of Mount Huagai to the south of the Yangtze River) from the Jiajing reign (1522-66)....
- Contributor: Zhang, Yuchu - Xu, Yunsheng - Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1555