Maps [Japan, Hokkaido to Kyushu]
About this Item
- [Japan, Hokkaido to Kyushu]
- Contributor Names
- Inō, Tadataka, 1745-1818.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Japan--Maps
- - Japan
- - Manuscript map in watercolor, black ink, and brush on rice paper.
- - Geographical coverage complete in 214 sheets. Hokkaido & part of N. Japan are covered by scale of 1:43,600.
- - Shows coast lines, major rivers, and roads.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Missing original sheets 12, 34, 35, 107, 133, 157, and 164.
- - Reduced facsimiles of sheets 12, 34, 35, 107, 133 added to the collection on Sept. 6, 2007.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - AACR2: 100
- 207 maps : col., ; on sheets 86 x 104 cm. or smaller, folded to 40 x 27 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G7960 s43 .I6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Inō, Tadataka. [Japan, Hokkaido to Kyushu]. to 1819, 1816. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2001620020/. (Accessed October 24, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Inō, T. (1816) [Japan, Hokkaido to Kyushu]. to 1819. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2001620020/.
MLA citation style:
Inō, Tadataka. [Japan, Hokkaido to Kyushu]. to 1819, 1816. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2001620020/>.