Map Map of linguistic stocks of American Indians.
About this Item
- Map of linguistic stocks of American Indians.
- Contributor Names
- Powell, John Wesley, 1834-1902.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.], 1890.
- Subject Headings
- - Indians of North America--Languages--Maps
- - North America
- - From: Annual report of Bureau of Ethnology, v. 7, by J.W. Powell.
- - LC Many nations, p. 209
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : col. ; 50 x 17 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3301.E3 1890 .M3 TIL
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- From: Annual report of Bureau of Ethnology, v. 7, by J.W. Powell. LC Many nations, p. 209 Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Original Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Powell, John Wesley. Map of linguistic stocks of American Indians. [S.l, 1890] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2001620496/.
APA citation style:
Powell, J. W. (1890) Map of linguistic stocks of American Indians. [S.l] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2001620496/.
MLA citation style:
Powell, John Wesley. Map of linguistic stocks of American Indians. [S.l, 1890] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2001620496/>.
More Maps like this
MapNational atlas. Indian tribes, cultures & languages : [United States] Title within map border: Early Indian tribes, culture areas, and linguistic stocks. In lower left margin: National atlas of the United States of America, Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, Reston,...
- Contributor: Geological Survey (U.S.) - Sturtevant, William C.
- Date: 1967
MapMap of the Indian tribes of North America, about 1600 A.D. along the Atlantic, & about ... Relief shown pictorially. "Pendleton's Lithography." From: American Antiquarian Society. Transactions and collections. Vol. 2, 1836, fol. p. 264. Hand colored to show the location of Indian tribes and 11 linguistic families. Available...
- Contributor: Gallatin, Albert - American Antiquarian Society
- Date: 1836
MapEthnographical map of the Indian tribes of North America, A.D. 1592 Relief shown by hachures. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Annotated in pencil, including change of date in the title to 1650. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image....
- Contributor: Eastman, Seth
MapA language map of Africa Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Ravenstein, Ernst Georg - Cust, Robert Needham
- Date: 1883
MapAfrica, ethnolinguistic groups. "802417 3-96." "Principal source: Africa, its peoples and their cultural history, G.P. Murdock, 1959." Includes table of ethnic groups. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: United States. Central Intelligence Agency
- Date: 1996