Maps Plan of the ground situated to the north of Matamoras [sic] between the Rio Bravo & the Arroyo Colorado
About this Item
- Plan of the ground situated to the north of Matamoras [sic] between the Rio Bravo & the Arroyo Colorado
- Contributor Names
- Berlandier, Luis.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Mexican War, 1846-1848--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley--Maps
- - Mexican War, 1846-1848--Mexico--Matamoros (Tamaulipas, Mexico)--Maps
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--Texas--Lower Rio Grande Valley
- - Mexico--Tamaulipas--Matamoros
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows the American routes & the battles indicated by Lt. Brereton's ordiance.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor mounted on linen.
- - Copy of a map taken from the portfolio of Gen. Arista after the battle of May 9th 1846 at the Resaca de la Palma.
- - LC Luso-Hispanic World, 973
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : ms., col. ; 34 x 51 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4032.L75S44 1846 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
LocationLower Rio Grande Valley
Lower Rio Grande Valley
SubjectsLower Rio Grande Valley
Matamoros (Tamaulipas, Mexico)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Berlandier, Luis. [Plan of the ground situated to the north of Matamoras sic between the Rio Bravo & the Arroyo Colorado].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2001622057/. (Accessed January 21, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Berlandier, L. (1846) [Plan of the ground situated to the north of Matamoras sic between the Rio Bravo & the Arroyo Colorado]. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2001622057/.
MLA citation style:
Berlandier, Luis. [Plan of the ground situated to the north of Matamoras sic between the Rio Bravo & the Arroyo Colorado].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2001622057/>.