Map Battle of Palo Alto, 8th May 1846.
About this Item
- Battle of Palo Alto, 8th May 1846.
- Glynn, Charles R.
Created / Published
- - Palo Alto, Battle of, Tex., 1846--Maps, Manuscript
- - Resaca de la Palma, Battle of, Tex., 1846--Maps, Manuscript
- - Mexican War, 1846-1848--Mexico--Matamoros (Tamaulipas, Mexico)--Maps
- - Mexico
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows military deployment of troops on May 8th and 9th, 1846 between the Americans under Gen. Taylor and the Mexicans under Gen. Arista.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Accompanied by typewritten letter attributing authorship to Charles R. Glynn, New Orleans, September 1846.
- - Ancillary maps: Lines of battle as first formed on 8th May 1846 -- The train parked on the 9th -- Resaca de la Palma, supposed position of Mexicans in the battle of 9th May.
- - Unidentified architectural drawing of buildings on verso.
- - LC Luso-Hispanic World, 970
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : ms., col. ; 15 x 13 cm., on sheet 24 x 26 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4034.B8S44 1846 .G5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Glynn, Charles R. Battle of Palo Alto, 8th May.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2001622060/.
APA citation style:
Glynn, C. R. (1846) Battle of Palo Alto, 8th May. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2001622060/.
MLA citation style:
Glynn, Charles R. Battle of Palo Alto, 8th May.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2001622060/>.