Map [Detailed map of part of Virginia from Alexandria to the Potomac River above Washington, D.C. 186-].
About this Item
- [Detailed map of part of Virginia from Alexandria to the Potomac River above Washington, D.C. 186-].
- Contributor Names
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Arlington County (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Fairfax County (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Landowners--Virginia--Arlington County--Maps
- - Landowners--Virginia--Fairfax County--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Arlington County
- - United States--Virginia--Fairfax County
- - Relief shown by form lines.
- - Shows parts of Arlington and Fairfax counties, part of the defenses of Washington, roads, railroads, towns, vegetation, houses, fences, names of residents, and drainage.
- - "211, L. Sheet 2."
- - Ink on tracing cloth.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 523
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map : ms., cloth ; 93 x 170 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.A8 186- .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. Detailed map of part of Virginia from Alexandria to the Potomac River above Washington, D.C. 186.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2001627680/.
APA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. Detailed map of part of Virginia from Alexandria to the Potomac River above Washington, D.C. 186.  [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2001627680/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. Detailed map of part of Virginia from Alexandria to the Potomac River above Washington, D.C. 186.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2001627680/>.
More Maps like this
MapSketch of eastern portion of Fairfax County, Va., June 1861. Relief shown by hachures. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 536.5 Transferred from the Jubal Anderson Early Papers in the Manuscript Division, L.C. Pen and ink on tracing linen. Available also through...
- Contributor: Early, Jubal Anderson
- Date: 1861
MapReconnaissance in advance of Camp Mansfield Shows military camps in Arlington County, Alexandria, and adjoining areas of Fairfax County. Relief shown by hachures. At head of title: 211, L., sheet 12. In lower right corner: Transferred from Office...
- Contributor: Church, B. S. (Benjamin Silliman) - Church, B. S.
- Date: 1861
MapSketch of the seat of war in Alexandria & Fairfax Cos., by V. P. Corbett. Scale not given. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 522 Gives the location and names of Union regiments, entrenchments, houses, names of residents, railroads, roads, and drainage, "Arlington Heights," "Alexandria Heights" and...
- Contributor: Corbett, V. P.
- Date: 1861
Map[Map of part of Fairfax County, Virginia, south of the city of Alexandria and the Orange ... LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 536.4 On tracing cloth, with roads in red, rivers in blue, and railroads, villages, churches, houses, and names of residents in black, and some annotations and...
- Contributor: Mead, F. F.
- Date: 1861
Map[A map of Fairfax County, and parts of Loudoun and Prince William Counties, Va., and the ... LC Land ownership maps, 1251 Relief shown by hachures. Shows western Washington D.C. region, including fortifications and names of some residents. Title derived from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. Pen-and-ink on tracing...
- Contributor: Brown, Samuel Howell - Hoffmann, J. Paul
- Date: 1864