Film, Video Carry the fight
About this Item
- Carry the fight
- Combating submarines in the Atlantic during the war.
- United States. Coast Guard
- U.S. Government Films Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : [Coast Guard], 1943.
- - Submarine combat
- Documentary films
- Nonfiction films
- Short films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Summary taken from Guide to U.S. Government Motion Pictures.
- - MAVIS 1875385; Carry the fight.
- - Sources used: M/B/RS preliminary shelflist card; Collections: U.S. Government file; U.S. Government Motion Pictures, p. 7.
- - Received: ca. 1947-10-06; non-viewing print ; transfer; U.S. Governmnet Films Collection.
- - Received: 2000-10-24 from LC video lab; viewing copy and master; preservation, LWO-36924; U.S. Government Films Collection.
- 1 videocassette of 1 (Digital Betacam) (ca. 9 min.) : sd., b&w ; 1/2 in. viewing copy.
- 1 videocassette of 1 (Betacam SP) (ca. 9 min.) : sd., b&w ; 1/2 in. master.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 9 min., 324 ft.) : sd., b&w ; 16 mm. non-viewing print.
- 1 video file (digital, MPEG-4) (ca. 9 min.) : sd., b&w.
Call Number/Physical Location
- VAI 1154 (viewing copy)
- VXB 8890 (master)
- FAA 0045 (non-viewing print)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Coast Guard, and U.S. Government Films Collection. Carry the Fight. [United States: Coast Guard, 1943] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2001642629/.
APA citation style:
United States Coast Guard & U.S. Government Films Collection. (1943) Carry the Fight. [United States: Coast Guard] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2001642629/.
MLA citation style:
United States Coast Guard, and U.S. Government Films Collection. Carry the Fight. [United States: Coast Guard, 1943] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2001642629/>.