Film, Video South American medley--Brazil Title on LC catalog card: Brazil--South American medley
About this Item
- South American medley--Brazil
- Title on LC catalog card: Brazil--South American medley
- Three cities of Brazil are visited -- Rio de Janeiro, Santos and São Paolo. Shows the steps from harvesting to shipping coffee.
- National Geographic Society (U.S.)
- United World Films, inc
Created / Published
- United States : [United World Films, Inc.], 1941.
- - Brazil--Social life and customs
- - Coffee industry--Brazil
- Travelogues (Motion pictures)
- Educational films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Photographed by Luis Marden.
- - Presented by the Office of the Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs.
- - Summary adapted from Educational film guide, 1945, p. 417.
- - Sources used: MBRS Film and Television catalog card; Collections: U.S. Government file.
- 1 video file (digital, MPEG-4) (ca. 11 min.) : sd., b&w.
- viewing copy 1 videocassette of 1 (Digital Betacam) (ca. 11 min.) : sd., b&w ; 1/2 in.
- master 1 videocassette of 1 (Betacam SP) (ca. 11 min.) : sd., b&w ; 1/2 in.
- non-viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 11 min., 396 ft.) : sd., b&w ; 16 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- VAI 1156 (viewing copy)
- VXB 8894 (master)
- FAA 0047 (non-viewing print)
- U.S. Government Films Collection (Library of Congress)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
National Geographic Society, U.S, and Inc United World Films. South American medley--Brazil. [United States: United World Films, Inc, 1941] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2001642631/.
APA citation style:
National Geographic Society, U. S. & United World Films, I. (1941) South American medley--Brazil. [United States: United World Films, Inc] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2001642631/.
MLA citation style:
National Geographic Society, U.S, and Inc United World Films. South American medley--Brazil. [United States: United World Films, Inc, 1941] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2001642631/>.