Book/Printed Material Kitāb-i mustaṭāb-i Sittīnī, mawsūm bi-Jāmiʻ al-ʻulūm / / Jāmiʻ al-ʻulūm / Sittīnī
About this Item
- Kitāb-i mustaṭāb-i Sittīnī, mawsūm bi-Jāmiʻ al-ʻulūm
- Jāmiʻ al-ʻulūm
- Kitāb al-Sittinī (The book of sixty sciences) is a scientific encyclopedia written by one of the foremost intellectuals of the 12th century, the Persian philosopher Fakhr al-Din Razi (1149 or 1150-1210). Razi dedicated his work, which is also known as Jāmiʻ al-ʻulūm (The encyclopedia of sciences) to ʻAlaʼ ad-Din Tekish, the Khwarazmshahi ruler (reigned 1172-1200), near the beginning of the latter's reign. As the title suggests, Razi treats 60 distinct branches of knowledge in his work, ranging from al-kalam (theology) to adab al-muluk (the conduct of kings). It is unfortunate that only portions of this important work have been subject to modern critical studies. The edition presented here is a lithographic print that was published by the Muzaffari Press in Bombay (present-day Mumbai, India), in the month of Ramadan, 1323 AH (March-April 1905). World Digital Library.
- On miscellaneous topics of Islam; and Science Early works to 1800.
- Rāzī, Fakhr al-Dīn Muḥammad ibn ʻUmar, 1149 or 1150-1210, author
- Shīrāzī, Muḥammad Malik al-Kitāb
Created / Published
- Bambaʼī : Maṭbaʻ-i Muẓaffarī, 1323 
- - Science--Early works to 1800
- - India
- - Lithograph.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - In Persian.
- - Acquired for LC only.
- 224 pages ; 22 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- Q153 .R39 1905
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Persian Language Manuscript Project are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rāzī, Fakhr Al-Dīn Muḥammad Ibn ʻUmar, 1149 Or , Author, and Muḥammad Malik Al-Kitāb Shīrāzī. Kitāb-i mustaṭāb-i Sittīnī, mawsūm bi-Jāmiʻ al-ʻulūm. [Bambaʼī: Maṭbaʻ-i Muẓaffarī, 1905, 1905] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2002341370/.
APA citation style:
Rāzī, F. A. M. I. ʻ. & Shīrāzī, M. M. A. (1905) Kitāb-i mustaṭāb-i Sittīnī, mawsūm bi-Jāmiʻ al-ʻulūm. [Bambaʼī: Maṭbaʻ-i Muẓaffarī, 1905] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002341370/.
MLA citation style:
Rāzī, Fakhr Al-Dīn Muḥammad Ibn ʻUmar, 1149 Or , Author, and Muḥammad Malik Al-Kitāb Shīrāzī. Kitāb-i mustaṭāb-i Sittīnī, mawsūm bi-Jāmiʻ al-ʻulūm. [Bambaʼī: Maṭbaʻ-i Muẓaffarī, 1905, 1905] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2002341370/>.