Book/Printed Material Mīrzā ʻAbd al-Raḥīm Raḥīmī ميرزا عبد الرحيم رحيمى / / /
About this Item
- Mīrzā ʻAbd al-Raḥīm Raḥīmī
- ميرزا عبد الرحيم رحيمى /
- On the life and works of ʻAbd al-Raḥīm Raḥīmī, 20th century Persian poet from Afghanistan.
- This book is a brief biography and introduction to the work of Mirza ʻAbd al-Rahim Rahimi, an Afghan poet who was active in the first half of the 20th century. The author, ʻAbd Allah Bakhtani, was a prolific Afghan scholar and translator who wrote primarily in Pushto. He states in the beginning of his work that his goal in writing the book was to highlight the literary achievements of Rahimi, an under-appreciated poet whose verse had never been gathered together in a proper divan or collection. The book offers little-known biographical information about Rahimi, noting that he was born in Surkh Rod in eastern Afghanistan and early in his career worked as a secretary in nearby Jalalabad. The book also includes examples of Rahimi's poetry and correspondence. Rahimi composed poems in both Pushto and Dari, but the present work contains examples only of his Dari poetry. The first edition of this book was published by the Historical Society of Afghanistan in Kabul in the year 1933 of the solar calendar (1960-61). A second edition was published in Peshawar, Pakistan in 2001. World Digital Library.
- Bakhtānī, ʻAbd Allāh, 1925 or 1926-2018
- Raḥīmī, ʻAbd al-Raḥīm
- Historical Society of Afghanistan
Created / Published
- [Afghanistan] : Anjuman-i Tārīkh-i Afghānistān, [1339 [1960 or 1961]]
- - Afghanistan
- - Early imprint.
- - Also available in digital form.
- - Acquired for LC only.
- 62 pages ; 27 cm
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Persian Language Manuscript Project are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bakhtānī, ʻAbd Allāh, 1925 Or, ʻAbd Al-Raḥīm Raḥīmī, and Historical Society Of Afghanistan. Mīrzā ʻAbd al-Raḥīm Raḥīmī. [Afghanistan: Anjuman-i Tārīkh-i Afghānistān, 1960 or 1961, 1960] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2002341392/.
APA citation style:
Bakhtānī, ʻ. A., Raḥīmī, ʻ. A. & Historical Society Of Afghanistan. (1960) Mīrzā ʻAbd al-Raḥīm Raḥīmī. [Afghanistan: Anjuman-i Tārīkh-i Afghānistān, 1960 or 1961] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002341392/.
MLA citation style:
Bakhtānī, ʻAbd Allāh, 1925 Or, ʻAbd Al-Raḥīm Raḥīmī, and Historical Society Of Afghanistan. Mīrzā ʻAbd al-Raḥīm Raḥīmī. [Afghanistan: Anjuman-i Tārīkh-i Afghānistān, 1960 or 1961, 1960] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2002341392/>.