Book/Printed Material Kitāb-i musammá bi-tārīkh-i Sulṭānī / / Tārīkh-i Sulṭānī / Kitāb musammá bi-tārīkh-i Sulṭānī
About this Item
- Kitāb-i musammá bi-tārīkh-i Sulṭānī
- Tārīkh-i Sulṭānī
- Kitāb musammá bi-tārīkh-i Sulṭānī
- Historical study of the Afghan rulers from the beginning of Islam.
- Tārīkh-i Sulṭānī (The Sulṭānī history) is a historical study of the Afghan people and the rulers of Afghanistan from the beginnings of Islam to the mid-19th century. The work was published as a lithographic print in Bombay (present-day Mumbai) in 1881. This copy has been rebound, with "Ṣaḥāfī Sulṭān Muḥammad, Kabul" gold-stamped on the back cover. The title page and pages 3-4 are damaged and repaired with no loss of text. The last page (page 291) has been repaired and missing text added in ink in a later hand. Lithographic printing was invented in Europe in the late-18th century and spread widely on the Indian subcontinent from the early 19th century onward, its popularity stemming from the relative ease with which it could be used to reproduce different scripts not based on the Latin alphabet. World Digital Library.
- Durrānī, Sulṭān Muḥammad Khān ibn Mūsá Khān
Created / Published
- Bambaʼī : Maṭbaʻ-i Jahanʹnamā, 1298 
- - Afghanistan--History
- - Afghanistan--Kings and rulers--Biography
- - India
- - Lithograph.
- - Newer binding by "Ṣaḥāfī Sulṭān Muḥammad, Kabul" (gold-stamped on back cover).
- - Title page and pages 3-4 damaged and repaired with no loss of text; last page (291) repaired; missing text added in ink in later hand.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - 08/01/02 T;04/10/02 T
- - Acquire for LC only.
- - digital files not viewed; td12 2013-7-16
- 291 pages ; 25 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- DS355 .D87 1881
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Persian Language Manuscript Project are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Durrānī, Sulṭān Muḥammad Khān Ibn Mūsá Khān. Kitāb-i musammá bi-tārīkh-i Sulṭānī. [Bambaʼī: Maṭbaʻ-i Jahanʹnamā, 1881, 1881] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2002362444/.
APA citation style:
Durrānī, S. M. K. I. M. K. (1881) Kitāb-i musammá bi-tārīkh-i Sulṭānī. [Bambaʼī: Maṭbaʻ-i Jahanʹnamā, 1881] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002362444/.
MLA citation style:
Durrānī, Sulṭān Muḥammad Khān Ibn Mūsá Khān. Kitāb-i musammá bi-tārīkh-i Sulṭānī. [Bambaʼī: Maṭbaʻ-i Jahanʹnamā, 1881, 1881] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2002362444/>.